The Nice People Thread - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The Nice People Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
DrunkleJon
Objects in mirror are closer than they appear
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
Liked 2506 Times on 1764 Posts

Got to enjoy motorcycling in to work this morning, with no one cutting me off or trying to merge into me, and it looks like the rain is goiing to hold off long enough for me to get home and remain dry.

Got recognized by a 'customer' of our help desk today and thanked for doing my job. A little recognition really does make all the difference when people tend to call help desks pissed off an yelling.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #12
forstmeister
Recipes 

May 2011
Chicago, IL
Liked 182 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksBrewer
Now we're starting to get somewhere. It's good to see not everyone here is uber-focused on the negative aspects of life. That is, except for cheezy, who is pretty much a lost cause at this point.
Don't worry. I am also a contributor to every one of the negative threads you mentioned.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #13
Whsoj
Recipes 

Jan 2013
Mountains, NC
Liked 86 Times on 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksBrewer View Post
From the lack of responses it is apparent that most of us on here are grumpy old men
I'm not old

Old 06-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #14
glenn514
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2010
Marengo, Illinois
Liked 323 Times on 182 Posts

I have the joy of visiting my oldest daughter and son-in-law, and enjoying my 17-month old grandson! My daughter is pregnant with grandchild #2, and at her doctor visit today, everything is looking A-OK! I will be sad to leave on Monday for a 950-mile drive back home, but I will definitely enjoy the memories of this visit!

glenn514

Old 06-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #15
BrewerinBR

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Big Rapids, Michigan
Liked 140 Times on 106 Posts

Quote:
Now we're starting to get somewhere. It's good to see not everyone here is uber-focused on the negative aspects of life. That is, except for cheezy, who is pretty much a lost cause at this point.
Cheezy is not uber-focused on the negative and is not a lost cause ...
Cheezy is simply a realist!

Gravity is a lie --- the world sucks, this place death trap absolutely no one gets out alive ...

Thinking happy and good thoughts about other people does not make them good or happy just as it will not make you good or happy.

and today is a great day! Why? I lam still alive

What could be better than waking up before sunrise and living to see the sunset. Every time that happens I feel great because I get another chance to do it again.

Basement Brew Room Build:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/base...-house-247971/

"Shame on the man of cultivated taste who permits refinement to develop into fastidiousness that unfits him for doing the rough work of a workaday world." -Theodore Roosevelt

Old 06-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #16
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 6692 Times on 3955 Posts

I'm paying my bills, my grass is really green this year, and my pipeline is full.

I'm reading a lot. That's when I know life is going well.

Balling like there's no tomorrow. My Rays are over 500, though they had it handed to them today.

Well, that's the news from Passedpawn's domain, where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.

Woot!

Old 06-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #17
Dawai
Recipes 

May 2013
Liked 25 Times on 19 Posts

HEY, A good one? My Michigan born wife, transplanted to the south here, dealing with a Adult-child who she keeps saying should be in Adult daycare. (I waste all my extra money on Hotrods and Harleys, stitches, liquid skin, welding and now brewing)

Deals with customer service complaints all day for a major company, comes home only to have a Hawk scratch both pillars on her (2nd) ever new car.. that's her coming out with a broom to whip the hawks ass. He/she is smart enough to fly off.

Cheers, we could all work for the IRS. NOW them are some hated people.

iaefebs Likes This 
Old 06-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #18
unionrdr
Heavyweight homebrewing author

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Sheffield, Ohio
Liked 3666 Times on 3150 Posts

I realized while sitting in the car waiting for wife & son to finish shopping that happiness isn't a state of mind that you were born with or whatever.
The video is right,it has to be a concious decision. Just realising the "other guy" is probably going through the same stuff helps.
New! John Henry- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GBV3UXU

brettwasbtd Likes This 
Old 06-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #19
gingerdawg
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Liked 39 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:

Another one: when driving home yesterday I put my turn signal on to merge over a ways before my exit. The car next to me slowed down to let me in. I waved.
Wait a minute......You drive in Chicago and someone LET YOU IN when you signaled???!?! Did the car have outta state plates on it?

Old 06-13-2013, 10:56 PM   #20
DrunkleJon
Objects in mirror are closer than they appear

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
Liked 2506 Times on 1764 Posts

My roommates were quiet and let me take an hour nap today after work. Tomorrow I brew (hopefully). Way to go roommates. You deserve a beer. I think I shall offer them one.