The Nice People Thread - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The Nice People Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
HawksBrewer

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Chicago, IL
Liked 1056 Times on 972 Posts

I have seen so much complaining and moaning about every little thing recently on here, that I wanted to start a counter thread. I realize sometimes people need to vent, but it's gotten out of hand recently.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/peop...e-book-413446/

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/driv...g-lane-414517/

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/dick-neighbor-412608/

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/thin...oy-you-412707/

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/most...brewer-409481/

This is a thread where people actually post NICE things that people did for them, or something that they actually ENJOY about life. Sure I get annoyed at some stupid stuff that people do now and again, but complaining about it gets you nowhere.

I'll start.

Yesterday when I got home the house was perfectly cleaned, and a piping hot dinner and a beer were sitting on the table waiting for me. Keep in mind my wife and I have 9 month old twins, making this quite the task.

Another one: when driving home yesterday I put my turn signal on to merge over a ways before my exit. The car next to me slowed down to let me in. I waved.

What's something POSITIVE that's happened in your life recently?

People Like This 
Old 06-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
Kirkwooder
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2013
nowhere near NYC, New York
Liked 290 Times on 203 Posts

I haven't died today! Yet, lol

People Like This 
Old 06-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
HawksBrewer

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Chicago, IL

From the lack of responses it is apparent that most of us on here are grumpy old men

Pappers_ Likes This 
Old 06-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #4
jmendez29
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Holland, Michigan
Liked 156 Times on 99 Posts

Every day I go into work, I get reminded to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. For me, I get to work on the shore of Lake Michigan. And as such, I get to look west to the horizon over the water. And when I work evenings, I get the sunset out there as well.

I have a very good paying job that is stable, but sometimes frustrating, in which I get to watch a natural wonder on a regular basis. This is what often centers me and reminds me that even when things aren't going to plan, it isn't such a bad thing.

No, that's not what makes you an ***hole.

Subsailor Likes This 
Old 06-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
cheezydemon3
Recipes 

Nov 2009
louisville
Liked 1672 Times on 1251 Posts

This EVIL inconsiderate person drove in the left lane......I passed them on the right.....AND LET THEM LIVE!!!!!

Oh JOY!!

Old 06-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
HawksBrewer

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmendez29 View Post
Every day I go into work, I get reminded to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. For me, I get to work on the shore of Lake Michigan. And as such, I get to look west to the horizon over the water. And when I work evenings, I get the sunset out there as well.

I have a very good paying job that is stable, but sometimes frustrating, in which I get to watch a natural wonder on a regular basis. This is what often centers me and reminds me that even when things aren't going to plan, it isn't such a bad thing.
I love Holland. My in-laws have a condo in Grand Haven so we're up there as often as possible, and my wife loves shopping in downtown Holland. Great area.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2010
Damascus, MD
Liked 161 Times on 117 Posts

I think everyone should watch the video here: http://www.upworthy.com/the-earth-sh...lthood-4?c=cd1

If you keep this in mind while going throughout your daily life, you might act differently towards others. You never know what someone elses day or life is like. After watching this I try and interact differently with people. In the grand scheme of things you gotta always stay positive

PistolsAtDawn Likes This 
Old 06-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
tre9er

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Lincoln, NE
Liked 242 Times on 197 Posts

I went to hang with a fellow homebrewer, who gave me some beers for putting together a group-buy we did earlier in the year. Before I left he also gave me 4oz. of Strisselspalt hops. I brewed a wheat beer that night and my tettnanger hops had been, for months, in the bag the local brewery put them in for a competition. I opened them and they had ZERO aroma whatsoever, they were stale. So I grabbed the vacuum-sealed Strisselspalt my fellow brewer had given me and adjusted on the fly. I was glad I had them because I needed something noble for the beer and had nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 06-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
forstmeister

Recipes 

May 2011
Chicago, IL
Liked 182 Times on 138 Posts

Yesterday my kids beat me to the punch on every chore I could think of. The laundry was put away, litter boxes emptied, bathroom scrubbed, bedrooms picked up. And the wife made sloppy joes for dinner. All in all it was a good day made better by my (usually not so attentive) family.

jonmohno Likes This 
Old 06-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
HawksBrewer

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Chicago, IL

Now we're starting to get somewhere. It's good to see not everyone here is uber-focused on the negative aspects of life. That is, except for cheezy, who is pretty much a lost cause at this point.