Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Colorado HomeBrew Forum > Travelling in Denver, Boulder & Durango Area - Brewery Suggestions?

Old 06-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #11
HerbieHowells
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEnglish View Post
If your going to Durango go to Ska brewery.
Agreed. Also look for Steamworks when you are down there- their Kolsch is a GABF medal winner.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #12
Hernando
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 110

That list covers a lot fo ground as far as the denver metro area. as for good food with great taps...

Hops and Pie
Mile Hi Tap and Burger
Euclid Hall (call in advance it will save you time and frustration)
Alehouse at Amato's
Jonesy's Eat bar

For a cool speakeasy experience: Williams and Graham.

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Labrewtories

Old 07-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #13
AT-JeffT
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I went to school in Durango for a year. SKA, Steamworks, Durango Brewing co, and Carver Brewing Co are in Durango.

SKA is a must visit. I would also visit Steamworks as their food is really good as well. Durango Brewing co was a bit lack luster. I don't remember much about Carver Brewing co though.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #14
gpack
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I would suggest the Denver Brews Cruise. For value it cant be beat.

you get:
Breckenridge-
Strange-
and a place called Pint's Pub (Live Cask Ales)

Check out Wit's End Brewery- I think the guy is doing single barrel brews. I went, admittedly I was a wee tipsy at the time but remember the beer being pretty darn good.
Hernando Likes This