Travelling in Denver, Boulder & Durango Area - Brewery Suggestions? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central Homebrew Forum > Travelling in Denver, Boulder & Durango Area - Brewery Suggestions?

Old 06-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #11
HerbieHowells
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Denver, CO
Liked 39 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEnglish View Post
If your going to Durango go to Ska brewery.
Agreed. Also look for Steamworks when you are down there- their Kolsch is a GABF medal winner.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #12
Hernando

Recipes 

May 2011
Denver, CO
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

That list covers a lot fo ground as far as the denver metro area. as for good food with great taps...

Hops and Pie
Mile Hi Tap and Burger
Euclid Hall (call in advance it will save you time and frustration)
Alehouse at Amato's
Jonesy's Eat bar

For a cool speakeasy experience: Williams and Graham.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Labrewtories

Old 07-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #13
AT-JeffT
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Elmhurst, IL/ Cedar Falls, IA
Liked 21 Times on 13 Posts

I went to school in Durango for a year. SKA, Steamworks, Durango Brewing co, and Carver Brewing Co are in Durango.

SKA is a must visit. I would also visit Steamworks as their food is really good as well. Durango Brewing co was a bit lack luster. I don't remember much about Carver Brewing co though.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #14
gpack

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

I would suggest the Denver Brews Cruise. For value it cant be beat.

you get:
Breckenridge-
Strange-
and a place called Pint's Pub (Live Cask Ales)

Check out Wit's End Brewery- I think the guy is doing single barrel brews. I went, admittedly I was a wee tipsy at the time but remember the beer being pretty darn good.

Hernando Likes This