I shake my head at my child - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I shake my head at my child

Old 05-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
Beernik
Recipes 

Jun 2009
Lopez Island, WA
Liked 555 Times on 406 Posts

It's a nice mid-70s day. I got nothing going on for a couple hours, so I decide to wash a couple cars.

My 7 year old daughter wants to help. I tell her if she wants to get wet, she has to put on her bathing suit. She says, "No, I want to spray the hose." I say "Okay" and we start washing the car.

I quickly discover the phrase "Point it at the car." means nothing to her until its too late. It goes down like this:

"Point it at the car. Point it at the car. Point it at the car."

Face full of water.

"Sorry Daddy."

Repeat.

Varmintman Likes This 
Old 05-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
adiochiro3
Recipes 

Dec 2012
Dublin, CA
Liked 186 Times on 108 Posts

LOL! I miss those days. They slipped by too fast.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2012
Windom, MN
Liked 5898 Times on 3469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beernik View Post
It's a nice mid-70s day. I got nothing going on for a couple hours, so I decide to wash a couple cars.

My 7 year old daughter wants to help. I tell her if she wants to get wet, she has to put on her bathing suit. She says, "No, I want to spray the hose." I say "Okay" and we start washing the car.

I quickly discover the phrase "Point it at the car." means nothing to her until its too late. It goes down like this:

"Point it at the car. Point it at the car. Point it at the car."

Face full of water.

"Sorry Daddy."

Repeat.
that sounds like my 5 y/o. except he doesn't say sorry, he laughs like a mad scientist.
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I've plenty of legit material... No need to go making up quotes for your sig.

Hammy71 Likes This 
Old 05-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
Jaybird
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Nor*Cal
Liked 944 Times on 667 Posts

Ohh man I LOVE IT!!!! Been there for sure...

Gotta love those days... Just for the record, at 7 she did it on purpose...That and your wife probably set her up! LOL

Thanks for the laugh!

Cheers
Jay

I have been making custom False Bottoms for just about everything since 2008

Nor Cal Brewing Solutions, Reddings local homebrew store
(530)243-BEER and (530)221-WINE

Still have questions PM me here or hit the website.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorCalBrewingSolutionsfor Facebook only promos too
Smoke Cigars? www.stogietoys.com

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guy Cigar Club

Old 05-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
Beernik
Recipes 

Jun 2009
Lopez Island, WA
Liked 555 Times on 406 Posts

Not that I wouldn't put it past her, after all she describes herself as one of the three class clowns of her class, but I think it was more her watching it "rain" on the car, then the basketball hoop, then the garage... And I just happened to be in the line of fire.

I'm just making a conscious effort not to be like my dad. My dad is a really great guy, but helping him consists mainly of hanging out while he does the work.

BTW, If anyone wants to add to this thread with stories of their kids, feel free.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:53 AM   #6
KayaBrew
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Jay, Adirondack Mountains, NY
Liked 202 Times on 157 Posts

You've got to get her back when she least expects it. Do it! And tell us about it!

Old 05-28-2013, 04:28 AM   #7
Jaybird
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Nor*Cal
Liked 944 Times on 667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayaBrew View Post
You've got to get her back when she least expects it. Do it! And tell us about it!
When my daughter was 9 she thought that doing the same thing would be real funny.... So me, being a good sport, when she was in the the shower I set up a nice fermenting bucket of water and ICE.... Turned off the hot water at the hot water tank..... and over the shower curtain went 3 gallons of ice water on top of an unsuspecting 9 year old, man did she SCREAM BLOODY MURDER ..Bahhaaaaaa It was funny as all get out! She, 6years later wont let me forget it..Ohhh man the funny kid stories I could tell... I have 3 of them little buggers!

Cheers
Jay

I have been making custom False Bottoms for just about everything since 2008

Nor Cal Brewing Solutions, Reddings local homebrew store
(530)243-BEER and (530)221-WINE

Still have questions PM me here or hit the website.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorCalBrewingSolutionsfor Facebook only promos too
Smoke Cigars? www.stogietoys.com

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guy Cigar Club

People Like This 
Old 05-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #8
adiochiro3
Recipes 

Dec 2012
Dublin, CA
Liked 186 Times on 108 Posts

My oldest daughter once pierced my ear for father's day -- with a fish hook! She was no more that 10 years old. She asked for help with her bait, and when I was done, she stood right behind me and casted -- embedding the hook past the barb into the top of my left ear. Didn't hurt until my buddy had to remove it later! Not really mischievous, but one of those daddy-daughter moments...and funny as hell!

Old 05-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #9
Fordmi
Recipes 

Mar 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiochiro3 View Post
My oldest daughter once pierced my ear for father's day -- with a fish hook! She was no more that 10 years old. She asked for help with her bait, and when I was done, she stood right behind me and casted -- embedding the hook past the barb into the top of my left ear. Didn't hurt until my buddy had to remove it later! Not really mischievous, but one of those daddy-daughter moments...and funny as hell!
You didn't live in Huntington Beach at the time, did you? I had to pull a fish hook out of a friend's ear a few years ago.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #10
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

I think I am more ready for kids than I ever have been. I know this because I thought this story was super cute. 8 years ago I would read this and thought "and you do this to yourself why?"

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

jonmohno Likes This