Stella Artois Mini Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried re-using those little Stella Artois kegs you get in the Off Licence? I've been wondering if it can be done.

For anyone that hasn't seen them, they're small enough to fit in your fridge and I think give about 5 litres or so of Stella. They look pretty cool but the only reason i would buy one is to pt my own beer in once I'd neced the Stella!

I have about 14 mini-kegs that I use a lot.

Sure, you can use them. You just need to check into a new bung every once in a while and possibly a tapper depending on the bung.

Does it have the built-in dispenser at the bottom that pulls out and you turn a quarter of a turn? Sure, use them. Enjoy!

D-brewmeister said:
What about those Grolsh mini kegs? Not my favorite beer, but the kegs look cool (nice size for the fridge). Anybody try?

I use the Paulaner, Spatten and Bitburger mini kegs, I've seen the Grolsh minis, it looks like the same keg, just never tried it (I like Spatten and Bitburger:)

Monkeyboy

hi im new here i bought a keg of stella from tescos and i kept on buyin them but wen i went in one day they had gone and havent been back since :mad: i miss them and wondered if any one knows where i can buy one (from shop or internet) thanks people :)

IIRC, there was a thread about this a while back. Could some one point me in that direction or give a brief rundown of how to use these? Do you prime in them or counter pressure fill?

homebrewer_99 said:
I have used all of those mini-kegs also without any problems.

Hey
Homebrewer_99, how's about making a wiki page on the use of mini kegs? You seem to have the most experience here with them. That would be excellent. I have one but I have yet to use it...

Back