False Bottom FREE SHIPPING till Memorial Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
From now till midnight 5-27-13
1. Have an 11" False Bottom or larger in your cart and have order placed on the website before 12:01 AM 5-28-13
2. Respond to this thread with your order number (HBT only offer ;) )
3. Choose "local pickup" when you check out.
and I will cover shipping!

This is a USA free shipping offer only, 22" and larger false bottoms will still be charged actual shipping minus $9.95

Adding a Nor Cal Brewing Solutions tee shirt or 2 false bottoms to the order, will bump shipping to priority

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/product488.html

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/False_Bottoms.html

Cheers
Jay

Order # 5500 cant wait!!! Thanks for the free shipping offer. I sold my last kettle with a Jaybird false bottom and I really think it was the false bottom that sold the kettle. I am now onto a keg and really, there was no other false bottom choice IMO.

M

How much extra for the cheers text? ;)

I might order one...I need to go measure my keggle.

What do you recommend for a MB 15gal heavy duty kettle - it's 18" in diameter.

I am fairly sure that's a 17 5/8" with a 2" stand.
That's what I would suggest. Is this for a boil kettle or MLT?

How much extra for the cheers text? ;)

I might order one...I need to go measure my keggle.

There is no extra charge for that at all.

Cheers
Jay

Similar question to Carlscan26, I have a 26 gallon MB kettle. What size FB would you recommend if I want to use it as a MLT?

Similar question to Carlscan26, I have a 26 gallon MB kettle. What size FB would you recommend if I want to use it as a MLT?

19 5/8" with a 2" stand.
You can put the stand lower and use a dip tube if you like, but you will have to decide at the height you want the stand if that's the case. I like seeing them at the 2" mark because it will get the diptube under the FB system and makes for a much cleaner install..

Cheers
Jay

Tried to place an order, wont give me an option to use my paypal balance!? Any advice?

Tried to place an order, wont give me an option to use my paypal balance!? Any advice?

Your PayPal account will have to be able to cover the whole purchase. If your just using it to pay a part it wont let you. We have had several orders paid with PayPal today so I know the Website is working.

Cheers
Jay

Jaybird said:
19 5/8" with a 2" stand.
You can put the stand lower and use a dip tube if you like, but you will have to decide at the height you want the stand if that's the case. I like seeing them at the 2" mark because it will get the diptube under the FB system and makes for a much cleaner install..

Cheers
Jay

Is this a custom size then?

Your PayPal account will have to be able to cover the whole purchase. If your just using it to pay a part it wont let you. We have had several orders paid with PayPal today so I know the Website is working.

Cheers
Jay

Theres enough in there. Only option that pops up is to pay by cc...

Oddly enough it worked on my phone. Order #5504

Thanks for the offer..cheers.

Order Number: 5509

Thanks for the PM advice as well!

Can you make the hole on mine work with my 1/2" copper diptube?

Jay, what is the right diameter for a standard 15.5 gallon/half barrel keggle? Looks to me like there are a few options on your website and want to get thr right one.

Thanks.

Jay, what is the right diameter for a standard 15.5 gallon/half barrel keggle? Looks to me like there are a few options on your website and want to get thr right one.

Thanks.

15" hinged is the most common. You can use smaller but the 15" hinged is really the best option. I suggest a level 1 stand for the MLT and and a level 3 for the boil kettle, add a handle for easy in and out. With the level/stands you will want to choose "reversed" hinges, but don't worry if you forget that part we will see it and take care of it.

Cheers
Jay

15" hinged is the most common. You can use smaller but the 15" hinged is really the best option. I suggest a level 1 stand for the MLT and and a level 3 for the boil kettle, add a handle for easy in and out. With the level/stands you will want to choose "reversed" hinges, but don't worry if you forget that part we will see it and take care of it.

Cheers
Jay

How much loss in their usually with the 15" version?

Loss? Not sure I understand the question..

Whatcha' mean?

Cheers
Jay

Yea, worded that one way incorrectly haha. I meant how much space is lost with the 15" false bottom? So instead of a 15gallon keggle, does it become a 14gallon keggle?

I will let you know tomorrow when I hit the shop, I have all that info there.
Cheers
Jay

Thank you sir, feel free to PM it over with pricing info. No dip tube in there yet, I'm ok with or without one based on what you guys recommend.

Back