Fruit Beer Lemon-Raspberry Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TangoHotel

Reaction score
The Wife and family love this stuff, and it goes very quickly in the summer. This is an extract version as a base with some modifications. I know, punch me.

Even still, it goes fast in the summer. Once it is bottled or kegged, I brew up another batch. It is worth it in the long run. SWMBO demanded 10 gallons this year for herself...

I will also reformulate for an all grain version now that I have a setup for it.

Lemon-Raspberry Wheat
American Wheat or Rye Beer by tango hotel
TYPE
Extract
BATCH SIZE
5.5 gal
BOIL TIME
60 min
EFFICIENCY
N/A

Fermentables
Breiss CBW Bavarian Wheat, liquid 3.37 lb Boil 35
Plain Light DME 1.0 lb Boil 44
Breiss CBW Bavarian Wheat, liquid 3.37 lb Late Boil 35

Hops
Mount Hood United States 1.0 oz 60 min Boil Pellet 6.1%
Mount Hood United States 0.5 oz 5 min Boil Pellet 6.1%

Yeasts
Danstar Munich – 75.0% — ferment at 64 degrees for 3 weeks

Extras
Lime Zest 0.5 oz 5.0 min remaining in the boil - I used a total of 4 limes.

Open Nature Raspberry Lemonade - 2 one liter bottles - add when primary fermentation has slowed, or you'll have a volcano of yeast beer and lemonade. I had 5.5 gallons in a 7 gallon fermenting bucket, and there still want enough head space. Use a blow off tube!

This one is a family favorite. Good for drinking on hot summer days in the pool. Its the only beer that I have rebrewed several times.

Thanks to SD_Slim for the inspiration!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f70/lemon-lime-hefe-weizen-255659/

Got a batch in primary now. How long on average do you wait to add the lemonade? Thanks!

this will be my next batch. How long did you leave it mature in the fermentor and did you allow extra time in bottle maturing (keg maturing?) or just 2 weeks, chill and drink?

How bitter would you say this is? (Have a special request for it from a friends wife for a lemonade type beer)

this will be my next batch. How long did you leave it mature in the fermentor and did you allow extra time in bottle maturing (keg maturing?) or just 2 weeks, chill and drink?

3 week primary only. Let it sit for a month bottle conditioning. The longer you wait, the more raspberry flavor you get.

How bitter would you say this is? (Have a special request for it from a friends wife for a lemonade type beer)

Its pretty tart. Not bitter. It'll you want it less bitter than it already is, split the 60 minute hop additions in half, do half at 60 and the rest at 30.

I'm in the process of brewing this now, my OG was 1045. How much would that increase by taking into consideration the lemonade I'm pouring in?

I dont have access to that specific brand of lemonade. But Simply raspberry lemon aid seems to have the same ingredients. No sulfates or anything like that. Anyone used this brand with success?

Back