Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Organic kits
Old 05-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
5 Gallon Partial-Something Brewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 86 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Default Organic kits

I am predominantly a kit brewer, and SWMBO, recently in cancer remission, wishes to purchase as many organic products as possible. Briess and Great Western, and probably others have many organic products, but I do not brew enough to justify buying in bulk. AHS has only Organic Brewers 2-row Malt, which I used for my only recent non-kit purchase. AHS is willing to work with me to substitute the organic, but it happens that the chosen kits so far haven't used 2-row. SWMBO and I have chosen the kits over the organic, but wish that AHS carried more organic options.

1) We wish that AHS had a toggle organic option for every kit that used 2-row, like they have toggle options for mini-mash/allgrain (calculated to up the price for the organic subsitute.)

2) Does any other vendor have kits with organic malts?

Drinking: NB The Plinian Legacy; Val-Dieu Triple; Redhook 8-4-1 Expedition Ale; Avery The Czar Imperial Stout; MŁnchen Haken Besonderes Bitter (Redhook ESB II); Terrapin Reunion '10; Innis & Gunn Rum Aged.
Bottled: Bush de NoŽl (Scaldis NoŽl) (first taste 16 November 2015); NB Conundrum Session IPA (first taste 17 October 2015).
Untappd: DromJohn
Old 05-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1311 Times on 903 Posts
Likes Given: 2542

Seven Bridges Cooperative is a homebrew retailer that only sells organic malts and hops. They are in California but ship everywhere. You can find them at and they have a good assortment of kits.

I buy hops from them and sometimes specialty malts.

Edit: Best wishes to you and your wife, I'm glad to hear that she is doing well.