Organic kits - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Organic kits

Old 05-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
5 Gallon Partial-Something Brewer
Nov 2009
Macon, Georgia
Liked 128 Times on 107 Posts

I am predominantly a kit brewer, and SWMBO, recently in cancer remission, wishes to purchase as many organic products as possible. Briess and Great Western, and probably others have many organic products, but I do not brew enough to justify buying in bulk. AHS has only Organic Brewers 2-row Malt, which I used for my only recent non-kit purchase. AHS is willing to work with me to substitute the organic, but it happens that the chosen kits so far haven't used 2-row. SWMBO and I have chosen the kits over the organic, but wish that AHS carried more organic options.

1) We wish that AHS had a toggle organic option for every kit that used 2-row, like they have toggle options for mini-mash/allgrain (calculated to up the price for the organic subsitute.)

2) Does any other vendor have kits with organic malts?
Drinking: NB Conundrum Session IPA; Bush de NoŽl (Scaldis NoŽl); Innis & Gunn Bourbon Stout; Theobroma; Redhook Double Black Stout IV; Leftover ESB; Cuvťe Des Trolls; St. Landelin la Divine Inspiration; Hibiscus Mango Blonde; Victory HopDevil.
Secondary: De Dolle Stille Nacht
Untappd: DromJohn

Old 05-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #2

Seven Bridges Cooperative is a homebrew retailer that only sells organic malts and hops. They are in California but ship everywhere. You can find them at and they have a good assortment of kits.

I buy hops from them and sometimes specialty malts.

Edit: Best wishes to you and your wife, I'm glad to hear that she is doing well.