I've been busy with work and life so no real progress to report in the cooler. Next weekend being Learn to Homebrew day, and the following having to judge a local comp, I won't have much time in the next couple of weeks. That said, Ghettogyle Greg did come over and help me with a few pre-brew tasks we needed to cover.
Tap handle holder:
20 gallon RO reservoir:
Water runs to a valve with a QD right above where I usually brew:
Still need to shore that up a tad and run a flexible line that I will use to fill my HLT directly. No more trips to the store or carboys to lift. Booyah! I'll be able to remove the flex line with the QD and store it so I won't hit my head on it or anything.
We also rebuilt the Monster Mill with Fred's new style end plates:
These new eccentric knobs eliminate the old from the side of the end plate set screws which kind of suck. These set screws used to make it cumbersome to remove the hopper to clean the mill so maintenance was usually put off. Didn't test the mill but it feels like it is spinning nicely. We set the gap a little tighter as well as the crush wasn't as nice as it should have been in my last few brews.