Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Questions regarding first batch of mulberry wine

Old 05-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
quinn_88
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Questions regarding first batch of mulberry wine

Hi there!

Not sure if I'm in the right section, but here goes.

I live in a place with lots of mulberry trees, and within the next couple months we're going to have loads of berries. I would like to make a mulberry wine- not a typical grape wine with mulberries added, but one with mulberry juice as a base and not much else, maybe raspberries or blueberries, if anything. I've heard that finished products involving mulberries tend to lack body, so it's a good idea to add something else as well.

I've made 10 or so batches of cider and a few of mead, but I've got no experience with anything of this sort. How would I go about this?

I guess my main questions are:

Which would make a better addition, blueberries or raspberries?

How would I do this in a way that wouldn't involve waiting ridiculous amounts of time? (I'm used to about a month- when I do cider it's in primary for 2-3 weeks and secondary for one or two.)

Thanks!
Quinn

Old 05-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 314 Times on 271 Posts
Likes Given: 344

I'm not a wine guy, but I'd suggest heading over to the wine forum at http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f25/

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com