Cascade shortage, solution here ->

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbuck

Reaction score
SOme of you knew theres a cascade shortage mostly everywhere. Im working in a canadian homebrew show and we received lots of canadian cascade pellets. Would anyone interested in ? Maybe I could have my boss to start shipping it..

There's a cascade shortage?

Northern Brewer, Austin Homebrew and Farmhouse Brewing all have them in stock.

Where's this cascade shortage? I get cascade coming out of my butt...It's Centennial I can never seem to get. So cascade becomes the replacement, and there seems to be a glut of it.

My solution: my second-year centennial is already about six feet up the twine, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed my cascade rhizome will break ground any day now...

What Cascade shortage?

This is probably the most common hop out there. it is out there and cheap.

Greetings sir. I am prince from Nairobi. I have 1 million kilo of rare 2 row malt barley that I must ship out of my country before bad men seize it. If you agree help, I give you $10,000 dollar. Email me your address and bank account number so that I may wire money to you. Thanks you sir.

if a real hop shortage happens again, we'll just get cascades from Argentina :fro:

I'm hitting you with a virtual frying pan....Those were the most nastiest hops i've EVER used.

Let's cut the guy some slack until we know more...Maybe he meant to type"Centennial shortage" and is trying to move excess cascade like everyone else on the planet is doing.

jwalker1140 said:
Greetings sir. I am prince from Nairobi. I have 1 million kilo of rare 2 row malt barley that I must ship out of my country before bad men seize it. If you agree help, I give you $10,000 dollar. Email me your address and bank account number so that I may wire money to you. Thanks you sir.

Hey prince! It has been a while and I didn't know you were on HBT!

Anyways, looks like I know what hops I will definitely include in my hop garden this fall. :mug:

Several Wholesalers ARE sold out despite you guys thinking there is plenty because of resellers selling it. Just saying his comments are valid in my opinion.

GASoline71 said:
I heard there is also a shortage of Irish Moss... seems the Irish want their seaweed back. :D

Gary

Yeah... Those irish figured out how to make whiskey from the moss. I knew about this long enough to stockpile a 50 gallon drum. Good luck
to you guys with your cloudy beer. Hahahahahah!

For what it is worth, after reading this I decided to do a little digging myself. I have not heard back from Hopunion yet, but Farmhouse had this to say:
"Cascade prices are rising with one of my wholesaler 12/lb, and I'm pretty sure Hopunion is sold out. I have about 400lb left and I'm not sure that will get me to next year but we'll see. A shortage, not yet in my opinion but people are getting a little worried."

So... Yeah, here's to doing your research. :mug:

For what it is worth, after reading this I decided to do a little digging myself. I have not heard back from Hopunion yet, but Farmhouse had this to say:
"Cascade prices are rising with one of my wholesaler 12/lb, and I'm pretty sure Hopunion is sold out. I have about 400lb left and I'm not sure that will get me to next year but we'll see. A shortage, not yet in my opinion but people are getting a little worried."

So... Yeah, here's to doing your research. :mug:

Apparently, it hasn't shown up fully in the supply chain, but could soon. Thanks for confirming. I had heard rumors of such, but was hoping there was nothing to them.

It seems like there was a 2 or 3 week period where there was a supply chain shortage. Prices went up slightly, and some suppliers were not able to fulfill all requested quantities. As long as stores had good stock on hand, customers never noticed.

Holy crap guys.... There are no carboys anywhere!!! I've got a pale ale working in a washtub right now Help!!!

roastquake said:
Holy crap guys.... There are no carboys anywhere!!! I've got a pale ale working in a washtub right now Help!!!

Canned HBT answer: it will be fine. :)

Back