Scheduling Help Needed Please...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neomich

Reaction score
My first batch (AHS Belgian Wit) was bottled Saturday night and all my brew equipment is cleaned. I've also got my next batch of ingredients on hand already (Blue Moon Clone). I have a case of empty bottles. I am considering doing my next batch this weekend. The beer I've already bottled isn't ready to drink yet but might be in a week or so. I really want to do another batch.

Should I just go ahead and brew it this weekend? Keep it in primary a little longer? Maybe increase the rate at which I empty the existing bottles?:drunk:

This batch yielded around 42 bottles and I've already got 24 empty. I think I could empty enough to bottle it all up.

What would someone else suggest?

I'd suggest getting some more bottles and get on that second batch. It won't hurt if you always have a surplus of bottles waiting for new beer.

Assume that the Blue Moon clone takes 2 weeks before its ready to bottle, and will also net you 42 bottles.

You have 24 empties on hand. That means you need to have 42 - 24 = 18 additional empty bottles in 2 weeks time.

If you can drink 18 bottles of beer in 2 weeks, then brew it. Even if you can't drink that much, brew it anyway. The Blue Moon can sit in its carboy until you are ready to bottle.

Either way, logic implies that you must brew.

:mug:

Maybe try doing something like this:

Empty beer Bottles Wanted!!

It's working pretty good for me!

P.S. is your Blue Moon clone from AHS as well? I brewed that one a few months back. I just popped my first bottle open the other night and it turned out very good!

I do have a craigslist ad out for empty beer bottles. I've also been looking for people trying to get rid of some too. One guy in Austin was offloading a bunch but I never got a response back. Maybe if I add 'Free Beer' to the ad, I'll get some responses. I need to get some beers ready to drink first though.

I believe I will brew this coming weekend. I can always get empty bottles one way or another.

Yes, the blue moon clone is also from AHS. Being so close I get next day delivery and they've been real good helping me get setup.

Thanks for the input and independently verifiying my own logical conclusion to brew!

Back