I am trying out BeerSmith to see if I like it for my purposes. None of the pre-set BIAB profiles match how I use my equipment, so I created my own equipment profile and am looking for feedback. I've attached the BeerSmith Equipment Profile file and a jpeg image.
Here is the jist of my set-up which I hope is accurately reflected in my BeerSmith Equipment Profile:
- 5 gallon Stainless Steel Brew Kettle
- using kitchen stovetop
- 5 gallon paint strainer bag
- I keep my grain bill to approximately 10 lbs.
- after the 60 minute mash, but before the boil, I dunk sparge in a bucket as a means to top off the brew kettle to 5 gallons to compensate for grain absorption.
- after boil and cooling I transfer the wort to a 6.5 gallon glass carboy then top off with enough water to make 5.5 gallons.
- my hope is to net 5 gallons of beer for bottling after fermentation and trub loss.
Are my BeerSmith Equipment Profile estimates on target or way off?
Thank you for any insight you can offer.