Some fun facts about people on the forum - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Some fun facts about people on the forum

Old 05-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #1
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7721 Times on 5424 Posts

We have quite a few new people that I don't "know" that well at all.

I thought it would be fun for each person, both newer and long-time, to give a one sentence description of yourself telling us something that many of us would not know about you.

Nothing gross (please!) or too serious but just a simple "few people know this but I ......." statement.

I think I'm an open book, so I don't have much that is new or interesting to say. The only thing I have that some of you may not know is that I have another grandson coming, due this summer. I'm a grandma already, of a nearly 3-year-old boy, so this will be my second.

How about you?

Old 05-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #2
edds5p0
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Liked 55 Times on 48 Posts

You may not know this about me but...

I thought Yooper was already a moderator since she's everywhere and always seems to have the right advice.
I live in CT, my wife is a Veterinarian and I have a 4 year old son.
I have lived in Nebraska, Iowa, Maryland, Tennessee, North Carolina, Ohio, and Michigan before I came to New England.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2008
, Maryland, The Tax Me State
Liked 527 Times on 400 Posts

-I'm a railroader and a local union official
-Have a wonderful wife and two kids, boy 13 and girl 12
-Most friends call me (affectionately I hope/think) a 'sarcastic a-hole'

Old 05-04-2013, 01:00 AM   #4
kh54s10
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2011
Tiverton, Rhode Island
Liked 1584 Times on 1303 Posts

I work in retail and cannot believe how inconsiderate shoppers are - what a mess they make.
I found HBT 1 month after starting my brewing.
I also live in New England. Rhode Island. I was born in Indiana, lived in Massachusetts, New York, Florida, Connecticut, back to Florida, U.S. Virgin Islands, Back to Florida then Rhode Island.
I just got a KIA Soul and love it.
I didn't do much brewing when it was very cold and my pipeline is almost empty - brewday will be Tuesday - a Cream Ale
I also love nature photography.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #5
davekippen
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Grand Ledge, MI
Liked 164 Times on 127 Posts

You may not know...

That Im almost 40... that after a first marriage of 10 years, I finally found true love with a beautiful person... that even after all these years I still live less than 10 miles from where I was born... that I really dont like dogs even though most people treat them like family... that for some reason I do not enjoy projects around the house, but for some reason I cant get enough of beer related projects!
Hit me on Untappd https://untappd.com/user/davekippen

Old 05-04-2013, 02:44 AM   #6
hoppyhoppyhippo
Recipes 

Dec 2012
New Brunswick, NJ
Liked 409 Times on 334 Posts

I don't know about stuff I haven't said or is relatively relevant. But I'd broken both of my arms, one of my collar bones, had surgery on my hip cause of slipping disc, and several other fun injuries.

I'm also really talented at baking and have made several things that people have said tasted awesome, but I 100% lack the finesse to be a baker cause they all look terrible.

Some things I've made that aren't the ugliest

Old 05-04-2013, 02:49 AM   #7
BrewKnurd
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Prairieville, LA
Liked 245 Times on 203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edds5p0 View Post

I thought Yooper was already a moderator since she's everywhere and always seems to have the right advice.
I live in CT, my wife is a Veterinarian and I have a 4 year old son.
I have lived in Nebraska, Iowa, Maryland, Tennessee, North Carolina, Ohio, and Michigan before I came to New England.
Indeed, she already was a moderator. She just recently got "promoted" to administrator.

As for me, my left forearm is about a half inch shorter than my right as a result of an injury when in was five.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:07 AM   #8
Cyclman
I Sell Koalas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2013
Aurora, CO
Liked 733 Times on 610 Posts

When I was 12, I was in a boys choir (oh, here come the molestation jokes), and performed at Notre Dame cathedral in front of 4,000 people, did a full mass to a standing ovation, made the Bishop cry in joy.

Rest of my life sucked until I had my twins seven years ago, and learned to brew when I moved to CO!

Why does Happy Hour limit happiness to 1/24 of the day?

Old 05-04-2013, 03:21 AM   #9
BigPicture
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Sacramento, CA
Liked 52 Times on 39 Posts

I just got 2 questions for you.

1) Why am I here?

2) What is the meaning of life?

Old 05-04-2013, 03:34 AM   #10
edds5p0
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Liked 55 Times on 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPicture
I just got 2 questions for you.

1) Why am I here?

2) What is the meaning of life?
1) Because you were born.

2) Whatever you decide it is. Just because life has no meaning, it doesn't mean that it has no meaning.