Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Blichmann Brewmometers

Old 05-01-2013, 03:24 AM   #1
lpdjshaw
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Blichmann Brewmometers

Recently purchased three Blichmann Boilermakers and am super stoked on these overall; however, there is one thing I noticed while getting my system dialed in: when you tilt your Brewmometer the temp changes about 2 degrees. Not a big deal to re-calibrate but just something for those of you that have Boilermakers to take note of.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:58 AM   #2
freelunch
Recipes 

did you experience a persistent change, or temporary change?

The instructions I received with my Blichmann indicated that repositioning the brewmometer would result in a temporary 1-2 degree change.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
lpdjshaw
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelunch View Post
did you experience a persistent change, or temporary change?

The instructions I received with my Blichmann indicated that repositioning the brewmometer would result in a temporary 1-2 degree change.
I didn't notice this, or forgot right away, when I initially read through the instructions but I did go back and sure enough it's right there.

I tilted my thermos and noticed they changed about two degrees so I immediately readjusted them, they've been spot on since so not sure if that could be considered temporary. Seems like they'd still be off 2 degrees if I hadn't immediately readjusted them.?.?

Old 05-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #4
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 1913 Times on 1490 Posts

When I set up my Blingmann kettles I adjusted the Brewmometer faces upwards about 10 - and as warned in the destructions the needles clearly moved as I moved the faces. I recalibrated the BK for 212F at boiling (we're like 200ft ASL) and the HLT for 160F, and in three years since they're still dead on as compared to my trusty Thermapen.

So I disagree with the "temporary" thing. It's definitely a persistent change...

Cheers!

Old 05-03-2013, 03:18 AM   #5
Cyclman
I Sell Koalas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 594 Times on 500 Posts
Likes Given: 207

Three! Three! Wow.

Jealous. I have one Boilermaker / Burner for my mashing, still saving for the Brew Kettle / burner.

It is awesome, incredibly functional, and gorgeous too.

I like the brewmometer, but the sight glass is the feature that I have fallen in love with, didn't expect that.

Once I get my 20G brewpot, moving up to 10G batches.

Why does Happy Hour limit happiness to 1/24 of the day?