I managed to snag some Dark Lord this past weekend and I've already had a few requests to trade some for it. The problem is, while I'm a fan of craft beer, I've been drinking more and more home brew and so I don't really follow all the crazy/amazing/rare beers that come out. So I'm trying to figure out a fair trade. The Dark Lord were $26 each based on $15/bottle for 3 bottles and $35 tickets. That's not including travel, gas, hotel, waiting in line for 3 hours, etc. I don't want to be a jerk about it, but I know the market value is a bit higher, but I'd rather keep the beer gods happy and trade for other beer instead of selling outright.
1) He's looking for 2 bottles. Not sure if I'll do 1 or 2. He's local, so we can get the same normal stuff, but he has a decent selection of rare/older beer. Here's the list
. Note that I'm am a big fan of big stouts and porters, but not barleywines and Belgian beers.
So far the ones that caught my eye are:
- the Deschutes Abyss (great ratings and I'm a fan of their beers)
- the black butte XXIV
- Bells Black Note Stout '12
- Great Lakes Barrel aged blackout stout
What else is good and what would be fair for 1 or 2 bottles of Dark Lord?
2) Second is an acquaintance that lives in Oregon. We were just in Portland, Seattle and Vancouver last summer and LA last fall, so we got some of the great beer out there that we can't get here, like Firestone Walker (brought a Parabola and Wooley Jack home), Elysian, Pliny etc. What are some good beers that would be a fair trade for 1 bottle of Dark Lord?
FYI: At this point I'm not looking to trade anymore than above as my current trades will leave me 3 bottles which is good enough for me.
Can anyone help me out?