Thank you all for your responses and advice. As it was my first all grain I was rather happy for how smoothly it went. Other than the low strike temp and having to add a bunch of water everything else went extraordinarily better than I was expecting. My vorlouf technique needs some work but for a first run with my system I got between 70-75% efficiency depending on the calculator I plugged it into and the kind of efficiency I was calculating. I figured I would be in the 60's and would have been happy staying out of the 50's so 70ish was a nice surprise.
I will say though watching that giant foamy mess heading for the rim of my BK prior to the hot break was a little nerve racking--don't remember that happening on my extract brews!!
Unfortunately I wont be able to do another batch for at least a month in order to avoid the disapproving glares from my wife, but when that day comes I will take all your advice to heart and see if I can improve things. Thanks again.