Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Pennsylvania HomeBrew Forum > Where are the Johnstown, PA area homebrewers at???
Old 04-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Where are the Johnstown, PA area homebrewers at???

I think it's sheer insanity that we don't have an organized homebrewing club in Johnstown. Well, I take that back...apparently, there are one or two clubs out there, but I can't really peg down when/where they meet. I go down to PA Fine Wines and Winemaking down in Windber when possible (support LHBS), and they don't seem to know of what clubs, if any, meet.

Believe me, if I don't have to start something from scratch here, I won't. But I really would like to find or start a club in Johnstown that meets with regularity and where we can do some sampling, group brewing, contests, etc.

I also hate Facebook - maybe that's why I'm not in the know. Someone help, or let me know if you're interested. Like I said, not trying to step on any existing clubs' toes. Just want to enjoy some boozin' commraderie.

Na zdrowie!

Primary: I think I'm turning Japanese APA
Secondary: Chocolate Wheat Porter
Bottle: Wynona's Big Brown Ale Clone, Hefeweizen
Old 05-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I would call here http://www.caseyandfriendsboutique.c...lehomebrew.htm. Its a great homebrew shop in Blairsville. I remember hearing her say something about her husband and a hombrew club in Johnstown. I didn't pay that much attention as I'm from the other direction(Greensburg) but it's worth a shot.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #3

I'm actually in the club. If you're interested send me a PM and I can let you know when we meet and such. If you are free memorial day weekend we are actually having a tasting at Duman Lake Park off of 271. We are located at pavilion 2 and will have about 28 brews from members of the club.