So I finally had my control panel completed and autotune was done. Ready to brew on Sat. Wooops, wife wants me on my side of garage. NP, used 20' soow cord and ran it to a homemade spa panel with GFCI. I had an Auber temp probe with an exposed wire that I bought from somebody on here 😒 and decided to put some liquid electrical tape on to seal it up and try that because my cheap Amazon probe was reading low... and Sat. was gone.
Sunday will be better
That 15 min turned to 30 so my batch sparge stayed at 175 for 35 min maybe closer to 45 min.
Then I only had 4 gallons of wort. Put two more gallons through mash and stated to boil.
There was so much protein it made a solid layer about a quarter inch thick. And when cooling they were like big clumpy clouds floating around.
FF to draining into Carboy, opened valve and it got clogged within 2 seconds. Pull out auto syphon-mold in the line. Switch lines and put a paint strainer on the end. I still could only get 4 gal of wort with all the hot break.
So for a seven hour brew day, I got 4 gal of wort, of which I might get 3.5 gal of beer that will probably taste like crap because of my mash and sparge trouble.
Never mind that I didn't have time to mow my weeds or do the other honey-do's that I had promised.