Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Age Worthy Recipe for Med School Graduation in 2015

Old 04-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #21
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 532 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer_doc View Post
Looks real good ChshreCat! I'm keeping this in the forefront. I wouldn't want to mess with it too much, but I'm thinking of maybe using this as a base and adding a little here a little there. I just want something that starts a little extreme green but ages into something amazing, though that might be a little ambitious. How long did this last/what was the oldest one you tasted and how did it compare to when it was young?
I've opened them after 2 years and they were fantastic.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #22
beer_doc
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat
I've opened them after 2 years and they were fantastic.
Finally back in business brewing after moving and settling into working in a hospital. I'm going to brew this today Chshre, thanks for the recipe! I have a floor corker so I'm gonna get all fancy and bottle it in Belgian bottles with cages just for a little somethin, somethin. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'll probably taste one in a few months after it carbs and save the rest for graduation!

Old 01-18-2015, 11:14 PM   #23
beer_doc
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Thanks again, graduation almost here!

Graduation is coming up in May, but I match into residency sooner than that, so the time is almost here for opening the saison I bottled a little over a year ago (10/31/13).

I bottled 12 in Belgian bottles with corks and cages and the rest went in Grolsch bottles that I have been tasting along the way. The beer has been phenomenal and I can't thank you enough ChshreCat.

I did change the name slightly (I hope you don't mind) and I wont market the recipe as my own.

I called it Saison PrÍte, meaning "ready" or "prepared" since it's aged and like the students "ready" to enter residency, this beer is "ready" to be drank.

Here are some pictures of the labels I made:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bottle.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	249740

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	249741

Name:	back.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	249742

Old 01-19-2015, 12:22 AM   #24
richl025
Baby Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Very nice! I have nothing to add other than I started homebrewing during med school, gave it up during residency, and started again after graduation. Very happy I got back into it!

From your beer choice and your graphic expertise, it sounds like you are a little more advanced than I was (and am <g>)

Best of luck, hope the beer comes out well!
beer_doc Likes This