If you look at Figure 1 on the last page of the user manual, that's the mode you'll be using. If you wish to operate the TSS2 using Celsius, there are just three settings required that are different from the Default/Factory Values (shown in the list on the previous page). Those are:
SP1 - the temperature Set Point for Stage 1. You'll set SP1 to your desired coldest temperature, at which point the compressor will shut off.
r1 - the temperature differential for Stage 1. You'll set r1 to the number of degrees above SP1 you'll allow before the compressor turns back on.
c0 - the minimum relay stop time (applies to both Stages, fwiw). You'll set c0 to the number of minutes that the compressor will be forced to remain OFF between cycles (if you look closely at Figure 1, you'll see the effect of a non-zero c0 setting).
Finally - and optionally - if you wish to operate the TSS2 using Fahrenheit, you will also need to change setting P0, as it defaults to Celsius.
For the following example, SP1 will be set to 40°, r1 will be set to 2.0°, c0 will be set to 10 minutes, and P0 will be set to Fahrenheit.
And off we go!
- Press and hold SET until the display shows a blinking 0.
- Press SET again. The display will show "SP1".
- Press SET again. The value of SP1 will be displayed (default = 10).
- Use the Up key to change the value to 40.
- Press SET. The display will show "SP1" again.
- Use the Up key to move along the settings list until you get to "r1" (note: the settings sequence is identical to the list in the manual, proceeding down from the top).
- Press SET. The value of r1 will be displayed (default = 1.0)
- Use the Up key to change the value to 2.0.
- Press SET. The display will show "r1" again.
- Use the Up key until you get to "c0".
- Press SET. The value of c0 will be displayed (default = 0)
- Use the Up key to change the value to 10.
- Press SET. The display will show "c0" again.
- Use the Up key until you get to "P0".
- Press SET. The value of P0 will be displayed (default = °C)
- Use the Up key to change the value to °F.
- Press SET. The display will show "P0" again.
Now you can press both SET and Down simultaneously to exit the Programming mode and go into Operating mode.
Note that the above doesn't touch any of the ALARM mode settings. The factory defaults set the two applicable Alarm thresholds for Probe 1 to 99.9 (High, setting A1) & -99.9 (Low, setting A3), sets the Alarm Differential to 0.1 degrees (setting A0), and enables both High and Low Alarms (AHL, setting A6).
Of course, with the thresholds set that wide, about the only way the alarm will go off is if the fridge catches on fire
If you want to use the alarms, examine the top two Figures shown on the second page of the manual to see how these settings interact with the Set Point, and change the A0, A1 and A3 settings as you see fit. Otoh, if you want to totally kill any chance of the alarm going off while you watch the house burn down, change settings A6 & A7 from the defaults of AHL to Ano (A7 is for a second probe).
Finally, and for the sake of good order, the unit arrives set for two temperature probes, but only uses the first one for the default operating mode (setting r8 = On1 by default, which means both Stages will reference Probe 1 for their functions). Thus you can leave it set like that with no ill effects, or you can change setting P5 from "2" to "1" if you're OC like I am
You should be all set, but if you have any questions please feel free to post them here and I'll do my best to answer them...