Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Co2 manifold questions

Old 10-05-2007, 12:46 PM   #1
miatawnt2b
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Co2 manifold questions

I realize that the only thing I forgot when designing my quick, cheap and dirty CO2 system is shut off valves for each CO2 line. This got me thinking of a few questions I wanted to post to you folks.

1. Has anyone ever used John Guest fittings and poly hose for CO2 lines. The fittings say that they are rated for 300-600psi max, and since this will be after the regulator, i doubt my 30 max psi is going to hurt them.

2. If not, I guess I am looking into making an actual manifold using cheap pieces... where and what should I get to maximize $$ in my wallet?

Thanks
-J

Old 10-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
pjj2ba
Look under the recliner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 198 Times on 163 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I use these from McMaster on my CO2 lines. Food grade and very inexpensive. They also have one that has an auto shutoff valve when disconnected. I think that one is ~$5. I get my CO2 and beer lines from Micromatic.

5923K72 NSF WHITE ACETAL QUICK-DISCONNECT TUBE CPLG, PLUG, 3/8" TUBE ID, 1/4" COUPLER, STRAIGHT THRU 1 EA 1.32

5923K42 NSF WHITE ACETAL QUICK-DISCONNECT TUBE CPLG, SOCKET, 3/8" TUBE ID, 1/4" COUPLER, STRIAGHT THRU

I have one European beer tap that uses Guest fittings and it does'nt leak beer at 12 PSI.

I made a totally ghetto 4 line manifold just using some 3/8 copper tubing and 3 tees and soldered it up. No valves, but this is only in use for parties and then disconnected.

In my kergerator manifold I used 1/2 copper pipe with Tees again and soldered on threaded adapters and bought some valves (Kobalt?) from Lowes in the compressor accesory section for ~$5 each. I already had the barbed fittings for the gas lines

Old 10-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
Lil' Sparky
Cowboys EAC
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 43 Posts

1) No idea.

2) I just bought one of these from morebeer. They're only $27, include check valves, and are expandable if you need a bigger one in the future. For me, it wasn't worth it the extra trouble to build one and saving a few pennies.