What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shred

Former Microbrewery Founder & Pro Brewer
Reaction score
Putting stupid replacement windows in. Damn energy efficiency. :mad:

ajziyKa.jpg

Fair enough. I may do a Malbec tonight, so I can still call this a brew-free weekend.

Laying on the couch sick dreaming of brewing and listening to old episodes of the Jamil Show.

Work yesterday, today I mowed the 1 acre yard with the push mower( didn't feel like going to the gym), pulled the smoker out and cleaned the cobwebs out of it in preparation for smoking some ribs this week. Now I am sitting down watching racing wishing I had picture on picture on picture on picture, as in Australian V-8 supercars( taped but just ran) Rolex sports cars( taped) ALMS( just finished) and NASCAR( ugg but it is racing).

Mmmm... Smoked ribs. I may have to bust out the smoker this week if work schedule allows.

Was going to bottle today but I hyperextended my elbow trimming my 68 year old neighbor's tree for him last night. So I think I'll just putter around & clean the house instead.

Spent a good couple of hours yesterday cleaning and organizing my brewing gear which has mostly been in boxes since I moved 6 months ago. Packed up two large (2' x 2' x 4') boxes of old bottles that I decided I'll never use and will take to recycling.

Today, I'm taking some beer over to my brother-in-laws for BBQ and hanging out.

Spent a good couple of hours yesterday cleaning and organizing my brewing gear which has mostly been in boxes since I moved 6 months ago. Packed up two large (2' x 2' x 4') boxes of old bottles that I decided I'll never use and will take to recycling.

Today, I'm taking some beer over to my brother-in-laws for BBQ and hanging out.

is your Onslow quote from Keeping Up Appearances?

Nah... no wine tonight, on second thought. Just gonna get hammered and watch TV with the lady.

It hasn't snowed here since Friday, but I'm still stuck indoors by the weather and all the snow on the ground.

I'm hyper, so this has been hard. I painted. Pretty much everything indoors that I could. I mean, painted. To the point where you can't touch anything in my huge house. I painted walls, woodwork, kitchen cabinets, entryway, doors, more walls, more doors, more rooms, etc. It started on about Tuesday, I think.

Spring better come, or I see a whole new laundry room and brewery with fresh paint.

I haven't brewed since last week but tomorrow I'm bottling 15 gallons of wine, and dryhopping my last beer.

My shoulder is killing me- apparently painting for 4 days straight from early in the morning until late at night does overuse some middle-aged muscles and joints! :drunk:

It's supposed to snow tomorrow evening. Hooray.

Yooper- it sounds like y'all should have hung out in Texas just a bit longer. :D

I thought about brewing a Munich Dunkel today after lunch, but the weather was so nice that I went on a 27-mile bicycle ride with some folks in our local club. I'm sitting here looking at the sack 'o grains hoping that I get some time to do it this week.

Yesterday, I canned starter wort for the first time in a pressure canner. Now I have 10 quart jars that all sealed up nicely.;)

I watched hockey. Lots of it! Oh, and I cleaned out my mash tun that I forgot to clean out for, like, two weeks. I know, I know, but I hate cleaning that thing! Such a pain in the ass! Isn't there a hockey game on? I'm going to go watch another hockey game.

Inbetween heavy rains I did yard work and admired my hops plants. I also put up 25 quarts of spicy hot asparagus for the holiday season.

Well, all my windows are done except for 2 customs that haven't been ordered yet. I think I earned 2 brews next weekend!

Putting in drainage tile(French drain). Then finding morels. Maybe!

Bah... looks like I'm doing the garage roof this weekend and next. Maybe I'll get Sunday off to brew my IIPA.

Going to hone my potential HERMS building skills by installing a hot water heater tomorrow.

After that, I can work on a cyser.

I'm waiting for my brewing supplies & barley crusher to come in to brew on National Home Brewer's day. This weekend,I gotta rake up some oak leaves & ash branches. not to mention seeing if I can get the grass cut by someone. My lawnmowers got a wheel rusted off. Gotta wait till monday to get car towed to performance tuner for a couple repairs & testing.

Running a half marathon on Sunday in my hometown in PA. No beer for the last month (gravity samples don't count)...

Hopefully brewing (and drinking) on Monday tho :D

BGBC said:
Running a half marathon on Sunday in my hometown in PA. No beer for the last month (gravity samples don't count)...

I only run so I can drink more beer. ;)

Going to Dark Lord Day! I will be bottling a FBS clone on Sunday though. Brewing next weekend for National Home Brew Day.

Lucky! I'm frustrated that I couldn't get tickets as I only live about 4 hours away from FFF and my wife's aunt and uncle live up there. One day though I will get to go to DLD or at least try DL!

Moving a refridgerator and giving my new AG equipment a test run (mash tun, turkey fryer with 7.5 gal pot). Prepping for NHB day when I get to do a Scotch ale from AG! Woo Hoo!!!

Also going to finish dressing the garden space with mulch to prepare to plant in May.

BGBC said:

What part of PA? I'm in Pittsburgh visiting my family instead of brewing.

Conducting scientific investigation into the cause of a starter slurry epic failure. Plan to start several small starter samples with various elements added and deleted to determine the exact cause of a complete failure. Scientific process at work with a blind control and standard lab procedure. Should be enlightening.

Wheelchair Bob

Camping with my BBB (beer brewing buddy) all our fermenters are full. What a wonderful weekend!

Hmm... maybe I spoke too soon. Started the prep work on the garage roof. Pull the tarp back and found a nest with baby squirrels. Hoping momma comes back for them, but no luck yet. Maybe I'm feeding baby squirrels instead of brewing this weekend (That's the boy. There's a girl as well).

SG17BXf.jpg

Not doing anything but a final mixdown on a couple remixes I have been working on.

Brewed every day this week so the last thing I want to do is brew through the weekend.

staring at the walls. Disabled and broke so I can watch the stuff in my fermenters and look at the walls. When its done brewing im up the creek for a long time it looks like. Maybe Ill be able to pinch a few dollars to keep making rice wine its at least cheap.

Latest posts

Back