Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Advice please- Atlanta beer scene?

Old 07-03-2013, 03:51 AM   #31
Edb7
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default SFrisby rules!

It turns out that Atlanta DOES have a beer scene. Thanks to Sfrisby for being kind enough to show me the ropes. Some highlights of my trip have been:

- Hop City, which is a liquor store with a friendly and knowledgable staff. It is located about 2 miles from the CNN Center.

- The Porter. Thanks to those who suggested it. Although not close enough to walk to from the CNN Center, they have an outrageous menu. I saw beers from west coast to midwest, from Africa to Iceland. The menu has about 50 brews on tap and a couple hundred bottles. They also have a large vintage list of beers you would be hard-pressed to find elsewhere.

The Wreckingbar- holy ****! This place rocks. Very cool atmosphere, good eats, and a menu of their own beers. I am guessing the menu was near 20 beers. They have good sampler options for a fair price.

All of this said, the highlight of Atlanta is Sfrisby, who was a gracious host who showed me the highlights of the area. Thanks and cheers to you. Let me know how the latest imperial turns out and happy brewing!

Old 07-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #32
sfrisby
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 262 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Good times. Sorry I won't be around to show you more highlights. Enjoy the rest of your trip!