How to compete - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How to compete

Old 04-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
aeviaanah
Recipes 

Jul 2012
Liked 76 Times on 53 Posts

I'd like to get a few bottles of mine judged. Haven't seen anything around to complete. Do you just mail a bottle and they judge? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Old 04-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
Misplaced_Canuck
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2011
NE Columbia SC - Formerly, Montreal Canada
Liked 166 Times on 134 Posts

This is just an example, Carolina Brewmasters' US Open: http://usopen.carolinabrewmasters.com/

Usually you make sure your entries are clear of identifying marks, register them in the competition, pay the fees, print the labels, affix the labels to the bottles (ziploc bag + rubber band), and mail them in. Some competitions require 2 bottles, some require 3 or more.

MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebstauffer
Needless to say after more than a few drams my mental efficiency matched my mashing efficiency.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
Braufessor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2011
NE Iowa, Iowa
Liked 851 Times on 594 Posts

Scroll through this until you find comps that interest you/ are in your area... And, yes, most send through UPS or Fed Ex if they need to get the beer somewhere further away. NOT USPS.
http://www.homebrewersassociation.or...ndar?pagenum=1
Primary: Czech Dark Lager, Oatmeal Stout, American Amber, Blonde, Citra/Mosiaic/Galaxy IPA
Secondary/Lagering: Helles
Future Brews: Scottish 70, Dark Mild, American Pils, Bo Pils, APA....... More...... More....... Beer.......

Old 04-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
lakedawgs
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Beech Grove, Indiana
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Find a local club. You will gain a wealth of brewing info and someone if not the majority will have competition info.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #5
aeviaanah
Recipes 

Jul 2012
Liked 76 Times on 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braufessor View Post
Scroll through this until you find comps that interest you/ are in your area... And, yes, most send through UPS or Fed Ex if they need to get the beer somewhere further away. NOT USPS.
http://www.homebrewersassociation.or...ndar?pagenum=1
Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!