What to do with warrior?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff0001

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I purchased an ounce of warrior hops. My question now is what do you think I should use them in?

Yep, I use Warrior as my bittering (60-minute) hop addition in my IIPA. Good stuff. Use it in an IPA/IIPA and early in the boil (although you could really use it anywhere you want).

They are a great clean bittering hop. They also have good flavor. They do make for a nice 15-flameout addition as well.

only ever used them for bittering. An ounce went really well in my robust porter with i think willamete as the flavor/aroma hop. Its a nice clean bittering hop.

Warrior is a good hop for anywhere in a brew for ales. Great for bittering with its high alpha acids. Magic Hat here in VT used 100% Warriors in their HIPA before the hop shortage made them switch to Columbus and it was the best beer they ever made in my opinion.

I've used it mostly for bittering but plan to use it in an IPA this summer at every stage of the boil with other C hops.

Next time, buy it by the pound! It's great in IPA's and RIS's as mentioned...and besides Belgian beers, what else is there to brew?

Back