Rochester Mills Big Brew Day - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes Homebrew Forum > Rochester Mills Big Brew Day

Old 04-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #11
signpost
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Berkley, Michigan
Liked 155 Times on 133 Posts

Stepped up my starter today, although that ended up in an overflow when I tried swirling it at one point.

I'm thinking I'll be wearing a NB mash-paddle t-shirt. I just got the email that said 120 batches are being brewed on about 100 different systems. So if we don't connect, I'm sure we'll still all meet plenty of other local homebrewers.

Fermenting - BBD Sour; Oat No! (an Oat Wine); Signpost Old Ale; Chris' Tall Ale 2.0; SSB (Signpost Sour Blonde); County Western Bottled - NB Ares' Biere de Mars; Ol' Bitter Bastard; Chris' Tall Ale; 4 small batch sour blends - 1 w/ cherries and 1 w/ peaches; Back To School Porter w/cacao & vanilla; Signpost Creek Paint Cider; Signpost Oud Bruin; Land of Pils and Honey, Imp. Saison with Clover Honey; Ad Hoc Berliner Weisse Kegged - BBD WIPA (but I think it has chlorophenolics); Keg #2 is EMPTY!

Old 04-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #12
mofoblaster
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Michigan

I had a blast today!! Hope you guys had as much fun as I did. Fantastic event!

Old 04-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #13
signpost
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Berkley, Michigan

That was awesome! I got hooked up with some Pontiac Brew Tribe guys and brewed on one of their '3'-tier systems.

Great to meet some homebrewers and have a good time with some beautiful weather. I took some video of the scene, I'll try and get some of it on youtube tonight or tomorrow, and then I'll share it here.

It was crazy seeing a setup with a 55 gal. mash tun. Or were they using that for the boil? I can't remember. Anyway, it was a blast.
Fermenting - BBD Sour; Oat No! (an Oat Wine); Signpost Old Ale; Chris' Tall Ale 2.0; SSB (Signpost Sour Blonde); County Western Bottled - NB Ares' Biere de Mars; Ol' Bitter Bastard; Chris' Tall Ale; 4 small batch sour blends - 1 w/ cherries and 1 w/ peaches; Back To School Porter w/cacao & vanilla; Signpost Creek Paint Cider; Signpost Oud Bruin; Land of Pils and Honey, Imp. Saison with Clover Honey; Ad Hoc Berliner Weisse Kegged - BBD WIPA (but I think it has chlorophenolics); Keg #2 is EMPTY!

Old 04-29-2013, 01:12 AM   #14
mors
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Berkley, Michigan
Liked 100 Times on 88 Posts

My barleywine seems pretty happy... huge krausen at 54F and rising.

My sun burn is less happy... lol

Old 04-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #15
HootervilleHops
Recipes 

Mar 2012
Hooterville, MI
Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts

122 batches of beer made. A total of 1012 gallons of Homebrew.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:56 PM   #16
signpost
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Berkley, Michigan

Doh! I put together my various video clips and then forgot to post it here.

Again, it was a blast!

Old 03-19-2014, 02:02 PM   #17
NFB
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Dec 2012
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Anybody know if this is happening this year? Seems like they announced around this time last year. Definitely want to do it again.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #18
signpost
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Berkley, Michigan

I saw an ad for it in the Michigan Beer Guide that said it will be April 26th. They don't have anything on their website yet, though. I seem to remember one of the homebrew clubs did most of the organizing for the event. Maybe they are just a little slower this time around.

I'm looking forward to it though. Can't decide yet what I want to try brewing. I'm thinking about maybe doing a partigyle. Who knows.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Home Brew mobile app

Old 04-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #19
NFB
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Dec 2012
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

For anyone interested, registration details have been posted to the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Old 04-01-2014, 09:26 PM   #20
mors
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Berkley, Michigan
Liked 100 Times on 88 Posts

I'll be there.

Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
Malty Dogs Homebrew Club
AHA Forums "dkfick"