Group Buy in Chicago #8 - Page 89 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > Group Buy in Chicago #8

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #881
jmg727
 
jmg727's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Chicago, IL
Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bmason1623 View Post
I think it's important that all participants keep up with the buy.
Maybe each participant should deposit $20 for access to the order portal, to be applied to their order but forfeited if they dissapear at payment time.
__________________
You can't always get what you want, but when you find what you need, buy two of them ...

 
Old 05-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #882
Gothic_Horror
 
Gothic_Horror's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)
Liked 25 Times on 18 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg727 View Post
Maybe each participant should deposit $20 for access to the order portal, to be applied to their order but forfeited if they dissapear at payment time.
HBT rules might not allow something like that. However, during the next GB, we can have all the steps laid out in the first post. From the start to the finish and remind folks to periodically check the thread once they have finalized their order to keep track of the buy. There is also an FAQ that could be put together about the Chicago GBs that Bill runs so people can first go there with common questions. I think the next GB might be a hops buy, so we could put together some stuff before then. Just some thoughts.

 
Old 05-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #883
Doongie
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Madison, WI
Posts: 180
iTrader: (0)
Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bmason1623

Good idea I think. Thoughts?
Maybe set the deadlines in the first post. Set the closing date, and set a payment deadline. Everyone will know approximately when to start checking the spreadsheet for their total, and when they need to have payment completed, and they know it all before they order. We're all doing this electronically, probably a fair portion have email and paypal in their pocket. Then, IF there needs to be updates or changes to the schedule, you can make them in the first post.

 
Old 05-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #884
bmason1623
 
bmason1623's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,836
iTrader: (2)
Liked 151 Times on 118 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Doongie View Post
Maybe set the deadlines in the first post. Set the closing date, and set a payment deadline. Everyone will know approximately when to start checking the spreadsheet for their total, and when they need to have payment completed, and they know it all before they order. We're all doing this electronically, probably a fair portion have email and paypal in their pocket. Then, IF there needs to be updates or changes to the schedule, you can make them in the first post.
The problem with deadlines is that they're dynamic. This buy filled up pretty quickly so we decided to cut it off sooner than we had originally anticipated. Maybe in future revisions of the database, it will have the ability to track who has paid and who hasn't. Then fire off reminder emails on those who haven't paid. I also want it to track those who who are slow responding or just "blow off" the buy and ignore everything altogether so they can be banned from future buys. Yes, there will be future group buys in Chicago. No, please don't ask for details.

 
Old 05-06-2013, 12:19 AM   #885
brant740
Recipes 
 
Oct 2012
Posts: 111
iTrader: (0)
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


We could pay at the time of order. You could estimate the cost of shipping and if we are short we could make a second round of payments.

 
Old 05-06-2013, 12:22 AM   #886
jmg727
 
jmg727's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Chicago, IL
Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


If we assume a payment cut off of Monday or Tuesday, what's the epa for pick up?
__________________
You can't always get what you want, but when you find what you need, buy two of them ...

 
Old 05-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #887
bmason1623
 
bmason1623's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,836
iTrader: (2)
Liked 151 Times on 118 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg727 View Post
If we assume a payment cut off of Monday or Tuesday, what's the epa for pick up?
Considering that I am still waiting a large transaction from PayPal to my bank account to clear, I don't know. Besides, there are still a few people who have yet to pay. I'll know better later on in the week.

 
Old 05-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #888
starman
 
starman's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Chicago Burbs, il
Posts: 460
iTrader: (0)
Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ylpaul2000 View Post
Problem solved!
Thanks again! Everyone thought it was pretty amazing that we were able to come up with a specialized piece of equipment 5 mins from my buddies house on a Saturday night. Then i told them the grain buy size. Quite a cool little network.


Thanks ylPaul, Bill, THirstT, & johns!

My buddy has a sanke kegerator... Cough Sixtel buy cough cough!

 
Old 05-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #889
bmason1623
 
bmason1623's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,836
iTrader: (2)
Liked 151 Times on 118 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by starman View Post

Thanks again! Everyone thought it was pretty amazing that we were able to come up with a specialized piece of equipment 5 mins from my buddies house on a Saturday night. Then i told them the grain buy size. Quite a cool little network.

Thanks ylPaul, Bill, THirstT, & johns!

My buddy has a sanke kegerator... Cough Sixtel buy cough cough!
If only everything else in life worked itself out this smoothly...

 
Old 05-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #890
ylpaul2000
 
ylpaul2000's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2011
St. Charles, Illinois
Posts: 262
iTrader: (0)
Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by starman

Thanks again! Everyone thought it was pretty amazing that we were able to come up with a specialized piece of equipment 5 mins from my buddies house on a Saturday night. Then i told them the grain buy size. Quite a cool little network.

Thanks ylPaul, Bill, THirstT, & johns!

My buddy has a sanke kegerator... Cough Sixtel buy cough cough!
The best part of the whole thing is that Starman brought me a KBS and his KBS clone! Both were totally unnecessary but appreciated, and after several people had tested both the overwhelming opinion was that Starman's clone was the clear winner. If I may be so bold as to ask is there any chance I could get your recipe?

 
Closed Thread
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Group Buy in Chicago #7 bmason1623 Group Buys 1282 03-16-2014 12:45 AM
Group Buy in Chicago #4 bmason1623 Group Buys 770 03-16-2014 12:43 AM
Group Buy in Chicago #3 bmason1623 Group Buys 338 03-16-2014 12:42 AM
Group buy in Chicago? bmason1623 Group Buys 421 03-16-2014 12:41 AM
New Chicago Group Buy Wernerherzog Group Buys 185 02-17-2012 02:29 AM


Forum Jump