Go big or go home... - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Go big or go home...

Old 04-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

The ONLY way to truly brew beer at home is not just a matter of AG vs. extract. After you write out your own recipe and weigh out the hops you grew yourself, you will have to malt the grains that you have not just grown on your property, but personally grafted and genetically engineered to make new unique grains. Just buying 2-row at the LHBS is soooo Junior Varsity.

You did of course cross-pollinate your hops, right?

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Revvy Likes This 
Old 04-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3184 Times on 1883 Posts

But first you have to smelt the ore to make the metal to build your own brew kettle, dontja?

Then you do this, only on a bigger scale.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

CreamyGoodness Likes This 
Old 04-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

See... thats the voice of experience talking. I never would have even thought of that.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 04-12-2013, 03:06 AM   #4
KayaBrew
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Jay, Adirondack Mountains, NY
Liked 202 Times on 157 Posts

What's a hop?

Billy-Klubb Likes This 
Old 04-12-2013, 04:03 AM   #5
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Defiance
Liked 5304 Times on 4517 Posts

And you've to make the soil you grow it all in, from composted vegetables you grew from seed you harvested from past vegetable gardens.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:10 AM   #6
lumpher
Recipes 

Jul 2009
texas
Liked 265 Times on 226 Posts

dang it, i forgot about the cross-pollination. i can raise my bees to do that, if needed

CreamyGoodness Likes This 
Old 04-12-2013, 06:25 AM   #7
mike_in_ak

Recipes 

Apr 2012
anchorage, ak
Liked 85 Times on 52 Posts

I've actually been thinking about evolving my own bee-like insect (ideally a bee) from some single-cell organisms I found in one of my bottles for this very purpose!

I figure on their own through random genetic mutation they should be up and running a couple hundred thousand years.

But with the guiding hand of myself who knows next to nothing about biology or any science for that matter, I might be able to cut that time in half.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #8
brewingmeister
Recipes 

Apr 2009
middle of nowhere
Liked 183 Times on 136 Posts

Pffft, I outsource all my genetic modification and pollenator destruction to Monsanto. Leaves me with some free time to run through the streets with my pants on my head.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #9
mike_in_ak

Recipes 

Apr 2012
anchorage, ak
Liked 85 Times on 52 Posts

You obviously don't "get" home brewing or "DIY"

Why not just buy beer if you can't be bothered?

Old 04-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #10
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2012
Windom, MN
Liked 5898 Times on 3469 Posts

I cross bred yeast with hops. it can withstand boiling wort without dying off. and will fully ferment, carbonate, and age any style properly by the end of boil so you can have the freshest beer possible. oh, and it's self chilling to proper serving temps.
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I've plenty of legit material... No need to go making up quotes for your sig.