Any homebrewers in Alabama ? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East Homebrew Forum > Any homebrewers in Alabama ?

Old 07-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #11
Mutilated1
Beer Drenched Executioner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Hoover, Alabama USA, Alabama
Liked 39 Times on 27 Posts

Does anyone know what happened to Alabrew ? I was by there the other day and the building where it used to be was for rent.

By the way, I need to sell all my brew equipment in a ****ing hurry - I'm letting it go. Check the Classifieds section if any of you guys are interested. There's a list of all I got to sell there.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:47 AM   #12
MrWiggles
Recipes 

Aug 2010
Tuscaloosa, Al
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Does anyone know what happened to Alabrew ? I was by there the other day and the building where it used to be was for rent.
I may be late, but they moved to a strip center in Pelham.

I am interested in this topic though, I feel almost alone being a HBer in Tuscaloosa. Most of the people I've seen who drink beer here are more interested in natty light than anything with real flavor.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:46 AM   #13
ganu
Recipes 

Apr 2010
Land of Cotton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWiggles View Post
I may be late, but they moved to a strip center in Pelham.

I am interested in this topic though, I feel almost alone being a HBer in Tuscaloosa. Most of the people I've seen who drink beer here are more interested in natty light than anything with real flavor.

Yeah, they're right beside the road that takes you to the Oak Mountain Amphitheatre. Well, almost right beside it. They outgrew their older place. Also something about taxes being better, being more central to their customers, etc. It's a little bit of a drive for me (20 extra minutes). Oh well, at least they're still around and kicking.

BTW, Gadsden, Alabama here but I work in B'ham.

Linky to Alabrew:

http://www.alabrew.com/

Old 11-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #14
wailingguitar
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Florence, Alabama
Liked 116 Times on 98 Posts

Thread of resurrection!

I'm in the Northwest part of the state, Shoals area... looking to hook up with some brewers in these parts, possibly get a club going.

Also, anybody from the old Birmingham Brewmasters club around? I miss you guys and would love to catch up! (George, former club prez and brewer at Breckenridge and Magic City)

Feel free to PM!

Old 12-12-2011, 03:07 AM   #15
ahacreative
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2011
loretto, TN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You've been PM'd!

Old 02-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #16
mgayer
Recipes 

May 2007
Montgomery, Alabama
Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

For all interested a new LHBS has opened in Montgomery. It's call Fairview Homebrew!

In the Carboy:
Red wine
Roman Raisin Wine
Bottle aging/drinking:
Mead
Apple Wine (15% abv)
Strawberry Wine
Elder Flower Wine
Blue moon Clone

Old 02-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #17
smbrew
Recipes 

Feb 2012
vestavia hills, al
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was at alabrew today. Pelham exit Cahaba valley rd(119). You guys are correct. Not a bad neighborhood.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #18
Orthobrewsky
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2011
College Town, AL
Liked 104 Times on 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated1 View Post
I know a few of you guys are from Alabama. Are there enough homebrewers in Alabama that there might be some interest in forming sort of a home-brew club or something ? Nothing really complicated, I was just thinking it might be fun to have a meeting every month or two and drink some homebrews, swap recipes, share tips and stuff.
I am in the Anniston area. Anyone nearby? I would love to get together for tastings.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #19
ImperialLover
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2009
Huntsville, AL
Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts

As the title says, Huntsville brewer here. We have the "Rocket City Brewers" here. I've never met any of them but they have a website and meetings every month or so.

Does anyone know why Free the Hops has stopped trying to get brewing legalized this year? I know it got shot down last year but I was hoping they would get it back in for another vote this year.

Keg 1- Air
Keg 2- Air
Primary 1- Rainy Day Red
Primary 2- Air
Secondary 1- Air
Secondary 2- Air
On Deck- H&D On the Brown Low
In The Hole- Water into Barleywine!
Near Future-

Old 02-24-2012, 12:59 AM   #20
wailingguitar
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Florence, Alabama
Liked 116 Times on 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialLover View Post
As the title says, Huntsville brewer here. We have the "Rocket City Brewers" here. I've never met any of them but they have a website and meetings every month or so.

Does anyone know why Free the Hops has stopped trying to get brewing legalized this year? I know it got shot down last year but I was hoping they would get it back in for another vote this year.
It is on the agenda, in fact the bill was introduced on the 16th. It's just that the group Alabama Homebrewing is pushing it. Free the Hops is in their corner, but they are focusing more on the commercial side.

http://www.alahomebrewing.org/home