Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New Jersey HomeBrew Forum > Big A$$ed Brew Out in New Jersey
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 05:58 AM   #41
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
olllllo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 13,513
Liked 134 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Just got back. Time 4 bed.


__________________
Rabbit And Coyote Schwag
Rob - Phoenix Ambassador to Milwaukee
Where did your avatar go?
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter
olllllo is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:27 PM   #42
Soulive
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Soulive's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Middle of NJ
Posts: 4,331
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default

I'm quite pissed I missed out. SWMBO's sister went into labor on Friday and gave birth early Saturday morning. So yeah, my weekend was spent inside the hospital


__________________
Cheers!


===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

Primary = Evan!'s Special Bitter
On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber


EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count
Soulive is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #43
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
 
Bobby_M's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Whitehouse Station, NJ
Posts: 22,698
Liked 1263 Times on 833 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default

Hmm, I could see if it was your SWMBO who went into labor but a future sister in law? Pspphht! ;-)
__________________
Welcome to BrewHardware.com. I love you.
New 100% Stainless Steel Heating Elements are IN! ULWD 5500w Ripple, 2000w, 1500w, etc
Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc.
July 4th Sale, $20 off plate chillers through July 4th.
Bobby_M is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #44
Soulive
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Soulive's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Middle of NJ
Posts: 4,331
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
Hmm, I could see if it was your SWMBO who went into labor but a future sister in law? Pspphht! ;-)
That's what I'm sayin

No but seriously, I want to go AG once I get that 7.5'er from you. I'd like to check out your next brew session since I've never brewed AG...
__________________
Cheers!


===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

Primary = Evan!'s Special Bitter
On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber


EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count
Soulive is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #45
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
 
Bobby_M's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Whitehouse Station, NJ
Posts: 22,698
Liked 1263 Times on 833 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default

If we can get a few guys together, I have no problem running an all grain batch in a more relaxed environment, my house or where ever. A big brew like this is kinda hard to learn from in anything but small tidbits.

Oh, here's a little blog entry with pics taken during the event. I'll probably update it once ollllo gets me some of the pics he took:

http://www.suebob.com/brew/brewevents.htm
__________________
Welcome to BrewHardware.com. I love you.
New 100% Stainless Steel Heating Elements are IN! ULWD 5500w Ripple, 2000w, 1500w, etc
Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc.
July 4th Sale, $20 off plate chillers through July 4th.

Bobby_M is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #46
njnear76
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Middlesex,NJ
Posts: 815
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
If we can get a few guys together, I have no problem running an all grain batch in a more relaxed environment, my house or where ever. A big brew like this is kinda hard to learn from in anything but small tidbits.

Oh, here's a little blog entry with pics taken during the event. I'll probably update it once ollllo gets me some of the pics he took:

http://www.suebob.com/brew/brewevents.htm
Sounds good. I bought an extract kit this past weekend. It was marked up 10% because of the hops shortage. AG just makes sense in the long run. Cheaper and most likely better brew.
njnear76 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:31 PM   #47
Soulive
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Soulive's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Middle of NJ
Posts: 4,331
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnear76
Sounds good. I bought an extract kit this past weekend. It was marked up 10% because of the hops shortage. AG just makes sense in the long run. Cheaper and most likely better brew.
So that makes 2 of us interested in some AG tutorial?
__________________
Cheers!


===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

Primary = Evan!'s Special Bitter
On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber


EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count
Soulive is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:04 PM   #48
janzik
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
janzik's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 540
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulive21
So that makes 2 of us interested in some AG tutorial?
That makes 3 of us!

__________________
-Joe
janzik is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #49
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
 
Bobby_M's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Whitehouse Station, NJ
Posts: 22,698
Liked 1263 Times on 833 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default

It's on whenever you guys can all agree to get together on the same day. Your place or mine, your equipment or mine, your recipe/ingredients or mine. Either way. I'm available most weekend days. I've been looking forward to doing another blonde ale which would be super cheap and easy. If any of you guys have an extra propane burner/tank we could run two 10 gallon batches side by side and split it 4 ways at the end. Maybe BM's Centenial blonde recipe?
__________________
Welcome to BrewHardware.com. I love you.
New 100% Stainless Steel Heating Elements are IN! ULWD 5500w Ripple, 2000w, 1500w, etc
Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc.
July 4th Sale, $20 off plate chillers through July 4th.
Bobby_M is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:47 PM   #50
Soulive
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Soulive's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Middle of NJ
Posts: 4,331
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
It's on whenever you guys can all agree to get together on the same day. Your place or mine, your equipment or mine, your recipe/ingredients or mine. Either way. I'm available most weekend days. I've been looking forward to doing another blonde ale which would be super cheap and easy. If any of you guys have an extra propane burner/tank we could run two 10 gallon batches side by side and split it 4 ways at the end. Maybe BM's Centenial blonde recipe?
I'm pretty open on the day/time. I'd really like to split one of the 10 gallon batches with someone. I can provide ingredients, propane, one Banjo burner, 5 gallon MLT, and bottled water. I'd prefer to brew something malty and/or darker. Just lemme know


edit - my place won't work since its a townhouse complex

edit x 2 - if we only have one MLT, we can brew parti-gyle


__________________
Cheers!


===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

Primary = Evan!'s Special Bitter
On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber


EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count

Soulive is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Jersey Home Brew Clubs? Barganman04 New Jersey HomeBrew Forum 61 01-27-2015 04:41 PM
Hey! from New Jersey mgblaskewicz Introductions 6 10-18-2009 10:55 PM
new jersey segelah Introductions 14 06-19-2008 11:10 PM
Hello from Jersey joejaz Introductions 1 09-23-2007 10:18 PM
new to the brew game in jersey sturdy begger brewers Introductions 2 08-21-2007 04:33 AM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS