Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Mash temp for partigyle?
Old 04-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Mash temp for partigyle?

I'm about to start my first partigyle, the mash water is on the stove and the grains are in my MLT. The first runnings I'm planning on making a barleywine, and with 21 pounds of grain, I'm thinking I should be mashing low (~150) so I don't get too high of an FG. However, I'm planning on souring my second runnings with the Roselaire blend, and for that I think I'd want a higher temp to make sure there's plenty for the bugs to eat.

Any suggestions on how to compromise between these two mash temps? All I can think of so far is mashing between the two preferred temps and adding the pound of panela/piloncillo I have to the barleywine to dry it back out.

For completeness, here's my grain bill:
14lb pale malt
4lb munich
1lb special B
1lb Chocolate
0.5lb crystal 40
0.5lb crystal 80

additional adjuncts at my disposal:
1lb dark candi syrup
1lb table sugar
1lb panela
1lb molasses