Tats! - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Tats!

Old 04-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #21
xtian116
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Pomona, California
Liked 63 Times on 40 Posts

As soon as the top scabby layer comes off, it'll probably look hazy. That's when it really gets itchy. I'll usually warm up some aquaphor or Neosporin in the microwave for a few seconds so it's more oily than thick, then rub it on with my palm so I don't use my nails. It'll usually make it not itch for a couple of hours, then do it again.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #22
Beernik
Recipes 

Jun 2009
Lopez Island, WA
Liked 555 Times on 406 Posts

He didn't give you bad advice on just washing it with antibacterial soap. An antibacterial lotion line bacitracin or A&D is to: 1) help it heal slower. When it heals slower, it's less likely to scar. And 2) it's antibacterial, so it helps keep it from getting infected.

Oh, and in colored tattoos, the lining work is almost always black.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #23
ipopiad
Recipes 

Mar 2012
Bozeman, MT
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I got mine about 6 months ago, it's my family crest. Fortis Et Fidus is Latin for "Brave and Loyal".

I'm planning on getting another soon, I'm thinking about the outline of Lake Superior on my other shoulder.
Secondary/Lagering: None
Kegged: None
On Tap: Bozone Amber (Commercial)

BobbiLynn Likes This 
Old 04-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #24
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beernik View Post
Oh, and in colored tattoos, the lining work is almost always black.
Yeah, we talked about that, but decided against it, he just used darker shades of color for the outline. He did say at the beginning that usually the outline is black, but I didn't want that. The outline of the rock is dark purple. And the letters on the rock also outlined in dark purple. Darker green and purple for all the outlines.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #25
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

Dang, now I am thinking about this thing going down my arm, across by shoulder to my back then down the other arm. A garden, each part blending into the next and each part with a meaning. Like maybe the flower and rock can lead to a field of little white flowers. Maybe even a dirt path. Eyes can walk along the garden and see what's there. Each little white flower representing positive ideas. The growth of something good and positive, then keep following the path to see what else is there. So I can look and see where I have been, give me a better idea of where I'm going. My best friend says I am going through a mid-life crisis, maybe so, but worse things I can do than get tatted. I already have many ugly scars on my body, so not like I'm ruining a beautiful piece.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #26
xtian116
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Pomona, California

I'm a firm believe that if you don't have a nice body, at least have pictures to look at. That's why I have them from every angle!

BobbiLynn Likes This 
Old 04-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #27
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

There was just too many times when I was young and stupid(last incident 5 years ago) and didn't go to the hospital for stitches or treatment right away. Yeah, I'd rather look in the mirror and see pretty pictures, instead of ugly scars. At least a distraction. When I was younger, I happened to exit a vehicle that was going 55 MPH down the highway, wasn't pretty. Slid, until I finally realized I must roll towards the grass. And scars from that "accident" are just some of the many I have.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #28
xtian116
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Pomona, California

Yea, I hear you! I was sad about my last one, they had to cut across one of my tats to reattach ligaments in my arm and move the nerves.

Guess I should be old enough to know ,arms don't bend backwards! *idiot*

Old 04-04-2013, 02:56 AM   #29
naiek
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Grass Valley, CA
Liked 709 Times on 691 Posts

On my calf. Have another on my shoulder I will have to find a pic

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130403_195602.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	113120

Did he get the butthole etching done? - TowsonTiger22

Using TR as my litmus I at least know that I haven't hit rock bottom yet. - marubozo

Old 04-04-2013, 02:58 AM   #30
naiek
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Grass Valley, CA
Liked 709 Times on 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipopiad View Post
I got mine about 6 months ago, it's my family crest. Fortis Et Fidus is Latin for "Brave and Loyal".

I'm planning on getting another soon, I'm thinking about the outline of Lake Superior on my other shoulder.
Mine is Fide et Fortitudine

Did he get the butthole etching done? - TowsonTiger22

Using TR as my litmus I at least know that I haven't hit rock bottom yet. - marubozo