I currently have a 1 gallon batch of Cinnamon Peach Mead in my secondary.
A friend of mine had a #10 can of peaches he didn't want so I took it upon myself to get rid of it for him.
My original plan was to make this a sweet mead as I was going to gift a bottle to my friend, who perfers sweet wines, for his generous donation.
I transferred the peaches from the can into 2 airtight containers. I froze them a week before brew day and thawed them before use.
I used 2 lbs of honey and 2.5 lbs of peaches for the primary. I topped off my carboy with a mix of water and syrup from the #10 can. Using champagne yeast, I fermented it down to 16-17% ABV. I racked, stabilized with potassium sorbate, and back sweetened with a little less than a half pound of honey, the remaining 2.5 lbs of peaches, a bit more syrup, and a crushed cinnamon stick. This got me within the sweet range on my gravity.
I plan on racking this as necessary till it clears.
If I do this again in the future, I'm going to do this without the peaches in the primary to see how it would come out.