Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeyWestBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to The Great Craft Beer Make A Wish(MAW) Thread!!! Open to any member of 90+ days and 100+ posts. CONUS only.

http://craftbeermaw.tumblr.com/
Password: WelcomeHBT

The Rules

1. A member will make a wish for several beers they would like to have.

2. Then, someone who is able to provide at least 2 beers on the list, will post up ‘that they can fulfill the wish’; and then post their own wish list of beers.

3. Once you see the post fulfilling your wish, send a pm to that person with your shipping address.

4. Ship your wish fulfillment package in a timely manner. There is no quicker way to generate ire from your HBT peers than to leave them waiting. If there is a delay in getting it out….COMMUNICATE. We all know things pop up, be courteous and give your wish recipient a heads up.

5. If someone accepts to fulfill the current MAW and doesnt follow through, the unfulfilled wish list will be back up for grabs. As well, anyone that doesnt follow through may be prohibited from future MAW participation.

6. Shipping must include tracking, when you get the package sent out.... A) send the tracking info via PM to the recipient and B) Post in the open thread that a PM has been sent to the recipient with the tracking info. Do not post tracking info in the open thread. Doing so will result in being banned from the MAW

7. Let the members know when you’ve received your package by posting up pictures of your MAW.

8. Please wait a week after fulfilling a wish before doing so again. This allows for others to participate in the thread.

9. This kind of thread ebbs and flows, sometimes it is extremely active, others it moves slow. Use this to judge if your wishes need to be expanded, especially if your list is high end beers or extremely rare and limited production.

10. Have fun!!!

Reminders and Suggestions:

-HBT is not responsible for any problems or mishaps should any arise

-Try to include 10 or more beers for your wish list. Having 10+ isnt mandatory but the more beers you list, the better the chance of someone having a few to grant.

-Trader Feedback should be used for these passes.

-You have to grant a wish before posting yours.

-This is not a contest of quantity or who can outdo who. At least 2 beers from the wish list and perhaps a few extras if you feel.

Note: The following member will be moderating this thread. If you have any suggestions or if there are any “bumps” along the way, please send a pm and they’ll do their best to handle the situation. Allow them to address these situations via PM, rather than discussing it in this thread.

KeyWestBrewing

Thank you all and let the Great Craft Beer MAW begin :ban:

So after working things out with the mods to get this approved, set up, and running Ive been told I should kick it off. Im happy to bring this MAW to life here on HBT!!!

Here is my wishlist....

Heady Topper
Zombie Dust
Gumballhead
Dreadnaught IPA
Pliny The Elder
Pliny The Younger
Blind Pig IPA
Citra IIPA - Kern River
Abrasive IPA
Nugget Nectar
Old Rasputin
Founders KBS
Founders CBS Imperial Stout
Parabola RIS

I think thats enough to start things out. I'll expand if need be. Thanks!!

Citra IPA
KBS
CBS
Ba blackout
Bcbs (or any variants)
Ba monster 29
Bligh's barley wine
Consecration
Supplication
white oak jai alai

Will add more if nothing happens!!

Question: Does anyone that wants to be involved post their list or does the last persons wish list need to be fulfilled first?( in this case Nedvalton)

I believe once one is tagged as "gonna be filled" like in the case of keywests list. The filler posts their lists. So if you can fill the next guys list you can post your list.

Subscribed**

Hey Nedvalton you better send Keywest a couple of your homebrews too man. You make great beer. I think the package you sent me will be arriving today can't wait to dig into it tonight to see what all you sent! It's like Christmas :rockin:

jcam91 said:
I believe once one is tagged as "gonna be filled" like in the case of keywests list. The filler posts their lists. So if you can fill the next guys list you can post your list.

Well this might take a while then! That's a somewhat hard list to fill! Lol

Subscribed**

Hey Nedvalton you better send Keywest a couple of your homebrews too man. You make great beer. I think the package you sent me will be arriving today can't wait to dig into it tonight to see what all you sent! It's like Christmas :rockin:

I knew I'd see you here :D

Well this might take a while then! That's a somewhat hard list to fill! Lol

Give it some time to see how the flow of things go. If no one picks it up in a couple days then he'll know to expand his list.

Haha I was kidding! I'm sure someone will pull through with at least a BCBS and a KBS! My list would probably be worse! Lol Great idea either way! Hope to be able to fulfill someone's list!

Cheers

Ok, lets give this a shot. Let me know if my list need expanding............
Surly darkness, four, five, smoke, pentagram
Fsw parabola
Founders cbs
Cigar city hunahpu, any of their sours (i've never had a sour from ccb)
New glarus serendipity
Russian river beatification
The bruery mother funker, chocolate rain, black tuesday, grey monday (impossible, i know, but worth a shot)
Three floyds dark lord, or any of the mikkeller colabs.
Thomas hardy's (any year)
Fiftyfifty (any)
Hill Farmstead Ann, birth of tragedy, fear and trembling, twilight of the idols
Lost Abbey (any of their sours except for red poppy)
Upright (any of their sours)
Upland (any of their lambics)
kuhnhenn (anything awesome! would love to see what all the fuss is about, especially the meads)

This may be a little difficult. Let me know if I am asking too much. Thank you
Cheers!

Javier25 said:
My list is probably a buzz kill. Should I make another?

Give at little bit. Hopefully you get a bite! I'd love to help out but you already know in too partial to the Huna! Lol Good luck

Its gonna be a hard one to fill. Well at least most won't come of a lot of those. Maybe some whales and some shelf mix

Javier25 said:
My list is probably a buzz kill. Should I make another?

I agree with giving it some time. If a couple days go by without any takers then consider expanding your list. You can always add to your list anytime but know that just because it doesn't get picked up quickly doesn't make the list too difficult to fulfill. Especially since this thread is still less than a day old. Once the word gets out to more people this thread will probably be moving very quickly.

Its too bad that I cant take part in this yet since I dont qualify for either of the criteria yet, but I am looking forward to it, since I am in San Diego I can get a great selection of beer

Javier is a bit over my pay grade, but awesome thread and I look forward to playing!

Nunner said:
Its too bad that I cant take part in this yet since I dont qualify for either of the criteria yet, but I am looking forward to it, since I am in San Diego I can get a great selection of beer

I can't wait either. I don't have that good of a selection here in Pomona, but I know a place not too far that carries most of what's been asked for so far. Damn, I need a hook up in Northern California. Russian River Temptation is hard to come by around here. Unless you don't mind spending $25 or more for a 375ml bottle.

I'll think of another list. I would like other people to get the chance to participate in this. It would be selfish of me to stall out this fun thread. I will past in a few. Gotta think of what else I would like. I'm not being impatient, just want to give others a turn.

Javier25 said:
I'll think of another list. I would like other people to get the chance to participate in this. It would be selfish of me to stall out this fun thread. I will past in a few. Gotta think of what else I would like. I'm not being impatient, just want to give others a turn.

That's is gracious of you. I wouldn't make a new list though, just add to what you already have. The longer your list, the easier it is to fulfill.

Repost with additions. Especially in this case since the current list is buried away. Which reminds me, gonna bump the list so its on the most recent page.

Surly darkness
Fsw parabola
Founders cbs
Cigar city hunahpu
New glarus serendipity
Russian river beatification
The bruery mother funker
Three floyds dark lord
hill farmstead ( anything other than arthur)
Fiftyfifty (any)

Cheers!

Even though Javier said hes gonna add to his list I'm bumping what hes got up to the front page.

Fsw parabola
Founders cbs
Cigar city hunahpu, marshal zhukov, any of their sours (i've never had a sour from ccb)
New glarus serendipity, r&d sour ale, wisconsin belgian red
Russian river beatification, framboise for the cure
The bruery mother funker, chocolate rain, black tuesday, grey monday (impossible, i know, but worth a shot)
Fiftyfifty (any)
kuhnhenn (anything awesome! would love to see what all the fuss is about, especially the meads)
Brooklyn black ops
Alesmith (anything BA) decedance, kopi
Cisco (just the woods series)
Mikkeller mexas ranger
Struisse pannepot
De molen (any)
Cascade (any)
Deschutes the abyss
3 fonteinen (any)
Cantillon (any)

Cheers!

here is the new list!

Updated list:

Fsw parabola
Founders cbs
Cigar city hunahpu, marshal zhukov, any of their sours (i've never had a sour from ccb)
New glarus serendipity, r&d sour ale, wisconsin belgian red
Russian river beatification, framboise for the cure
Fiftyfifty (any)
Brooklyn black ops
Alesmith (anything BA) decedance, kopi
Cisco (just the woods series)
Mikkeller mexas ranger
Struisse pannepot
De molen (any)
Cascade (any)
Deschutes the abyss
3 fonteinen (any)
Cantillon (any)

Wow this is a great idea for a thread but WOW this guys whole list is really expensive hard to get beers! You really are wishing if you think someone is just gonna give up some of those! I wish you luck but let's be reasonable here. You just keep adding more and more impossible beer! The trading that goes on in this site from what I've observed is mostly for reasonably obtained beer! If you want some big whales you might wanna start this thread over on beer advocate or rate beer! Hope someone helps this guy out so others have a chance to get some beer they've been looking to try!

Wow this is a great idea for a thread but WOW this guys whole list is really expensive hard to get beers! You really are wishing if you think someone is just gonna give up some of those! I wish you luck but let's be reasonable here. You just keep adding more and more impossible beer! The trading that goes on in this site from what I've observed is mostly for reasonably obtained beer! If you want some big whales you might wanna start this thread over on beer advocate or rate beer! Hope someone helps this guy out so others have a chance to get some beer they've been looking to try!

I agree that it seems like a crazy hard list but it is definitely do-able. A couple of weeks ago I could have jumped in here and granted it (but I have now sent out the last of The Abyss I had)

Someone will be able to do it.

Latest posts

Back