Gun license renewal - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Gun license renewal

Old 09-29-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Liked 45 Times on 36 Posts

So for our American friends that aren't aware, we introduced a new licensing and registration program for firearms some time ago. It turned into a massive money sinkhole for taxpayers. It's a very controversial subject because on one side you have the group that says the program is expensive and ineffective and on the other you have people who say it's imperative to get a handle on gun crime. I belong to the former group.

So, to try and appease the anti-control group they have waived the fee for renewing the license. To appease all Canadian taxpayers they are trying to reduce the massive cost of this program. So now the renewal comes with a request for a current picture. The criteria for the picture is expressly outlined as to size and content. For instance, you are allowed to smile but can't wear a hat. The face in the picture must be current, not cropped from another photograph, conforms to a certain size, etc, etc.

I feel the program is a complete waste of money but I have to comply in order to keep my firearms. So comply I did. They made no mention of clothing (other than the hat) or jewelery. This is the result.

Please note the poofy pink boa. I think it accents the little spiky hair tufts very nicely. Too bad you can't see all the little multicolored beads at the end of every one of those spikes. At least the dangly earring in my right ear is clearly visible. Unfortunately we forgot the lipstick and eyeliner and had to settle on the goofy facial expression.

I feel this picture is very suitable considering the nature of the gun control program. A goofy, ridiculous picture is perfect for a goofy, ridiculous program.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

that's hilarious

Old 09-29-2007, 08:55 PM   #3
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Bee Cave, Texas
Liked 338 Times on 169 Posts

What an absolute HOOT! Gotta love it!

I see you can possess one. But it's gotta be locked up, disabled, and ammo is illegal, right?

Old 09-29-2007, 08:57 PM   #4
mr x
Recipes 

May 2007
Mainly Halifax
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Priceless. I've had my issues with those dingbats as well. Apparently, free renewal only applies to the new license format, not renewal from the old FAC. Even though the FAC tests are what is used as a basis for issuing new license.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:01 PM   #5
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort
What an absolute HOOT! Gotta love it!

I see you can possess one. But it's gotta be locked up, disabled, and ammo is illegal, right?
Naw, you don't have to disable it, but the gun and the ammo have to both be locked up.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:02 PM   #6
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr x
Priceless. I've had my issues with those dingbats as well. Apparently, free renewal only applies to the new license format, not renewal from the old FAC. Even though the FAC tests are what is used as a basis for issuing new license.
We haven't had the FAC program for years now. If you don't already have the new license you shouldn't have any firearms. Are all your guns registered too?

Hope not.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:03 PM   #7
mr x
Recipes 

May 2007
Mainly Halifax
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Yeah right. Not a f'n chance of that. I'll play their little game only so far.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:06 PM   #8
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Bee Cave, Texas
Liked 338 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers
Naw, you don't have to disable it, but the gun and the ammo have to both be locked up.

That's good. We don't have that rule here in Texas, though my guns & ammo are locked up, together, like in loaded. Then again, there's the Mossberg 590 loaded on top of shelf in my bedroom closet.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:27 AM   #9
Jim Karr

Recipes 

Dec 2005
SW Michigan..Bangor/Covert area
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Kind of interesting you felt it necessary to black out your gender too. But with a pink boa, maybe that's in question too! What a hoot!

"The only way they'll get my guns is when they peel my cold dead fingers off them.
"

"God is great, beer is good, people are crazy." Some country artist

Old 09-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #10
boo boo
Recipes 

Jun 2005
Hearts's Delight, Newfoundland
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

Fingers, that's too much, lol.

All mine are registered also. It has avantages and disavantages.