Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Third Shift Brewing?

Old 04-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #61
GrogNerd
mean old man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1182 Times on 783 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
The obvious solution is more homebrew.
doing my part

"Why must it always be pandemonium?" - George Mueller/Nelson Van Alden

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout, DB8PT Session Ale, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bottle conditioning: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, CLB's Barleywine 1.2

Old 04-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #62
BxBrewer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I thought it was horrible. No flavor,body. Tasted to me like corn water with vodka in it. Id take a home brewed Pale ale,apa or ipa any day. I do have a choice of local brews but your going to pay for them.

Maybe they are reverse markiting it ? Maybe they know its awful and made it to look like a craft brew ? That way when a BMC drinker tries it "thinking there drinking a craft beer" and sees how horrible it is and go's back to there Bud light ?

mjdonnelly68 Likes This 
Old 04-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #63
mjdonnelly68
Always drinking - never drunk.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 156 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxBrewer View Post
Maybe they are reverse markiting it ? Maybe they know its awful and made it to look like a craft brew ? That way when a BMC drinker tries it "thinking there drinking a craft beer" and sees how horrible it is and go's back to there Bud light ?
Deviously brilliant...

Old 04-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #64
h4mmy86
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 9

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/third-shift-384337/

I posted about this beer months ago and my thread got almost 300 views but never the first reply!! ...I'm jelly

Old 04-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #65
beerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeer-
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I got punked. Went to the store to pick up anything BUT Bud or Coors and got something full of deceit. And yes after home brewing and trying this, I was offended by the label.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #66
natefrog255
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I like Third Shift. I don't care if its a Miller Coors project personally.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #67
natefrog255
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdonnelly68 View Post
Let's be clear, we are not the market for these 'craft' beers. BMC does not believe for a second that we're going to put down our Sierra Nevada and pick up a Third Shift. I think the market for this (these) beer (beers) are the regular BMC drinkers who are 'craft curious'.

The 'craft curious' have heard the talk and are wondering what all the fuss is about. They'd like to try this 'gourmet beer' for themselves, but they are not going to spend $10.49 on a four pack. Here's a beer that's 'crafty' and accessible at $7 a sixer.

If they do try it, they won't find it so different from their BMC stand-by (again, accessible) - just a little more flavor and character. If they like it, they now have a 'crafty' beer they can buy for special occasions and social situations.

BMC is setting up a firewall for the flight of fizzy yellow drinkers. Pretty crafty of them - they get to recapture some of their lost market and get paid a little more in the process.

BMC may also be evolving in response to the success of craft beer. Let's assume that they recognize that the beer drinking palate is becoming more sophisticated. They want to respond to beer drinkers change in taste, but they can't risk messing with the beers that are their bread and butter. So they create a new brand that meets the needs of 'new' drinkers. That's just good business.

None of it necessarily means they are trying to trick true craft beer lovers into buying Bud.
Good post and I agree.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #68
looneybomber
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxBrewer View Post
I thought it was horrible. No flavor,body. Tasted to me like corn water with vodka in it. Id take a home brewed Pale ale,apa or ipa any day. I do have a choice of local brews but your going to pay for them.
I would take it one step farther and say I'd take a Budweiser original over it. I bought one bottle of it just a day or so ago. Looks like BlueMoon is still my goto Miller/Coors beverage.
Bottled: <1.060: AHS Aniv Wit, lemon wheat, Blonde rye.
<1.090: How Rye I Am, Rye wheat ale, spiced tripel, tripel w/orange, baltic porter, skeeter pee lime and lemon w/cranberry, Milk stout.
<1.110: Reverend clone, IIPA. Chocolate RIS, Bourbon Barrel Quad, chocolate RIS w/oak & whiskey
>1.110 OG: Double W (inspired) stout, Choco milk Czar, Mephistopheles (inspired) stout..

Old 05-17-2013, 01:45 AM   #69
SmokeNbrew
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Beers are like women. Blondes, gingers, brunettes....high maintenance, low maintenance. They all advertise differently. Yet what matters is inside. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Sometimes you don't. Either way, somehow neither of us ever stopped at one. Variety is what gives life flavor and clothes don't make the man.

This has been an HBT public service announcement.
looneybomber Likes This 
Old 05-17-2013, 01:47 AM   #70
dudius
Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeNbrew View Post
Beers are like women. Blondes, gingers, brunettes....high maintenance, low maintenance. They all advertise differently. Yet what matters is inside. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Sometimes you don't. Either way, somehow neither of us ever stopped at one. Variety is what gives life flavor and clothes don't make the man.

This has been an HBT public service announcement.
That's real deep, beautiful :')