Hit up the Liquor Store today... - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Hit up the Liquor Store today...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
talleymonster
 
talleymonster's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2005
Posts: 2,142
Liked 21 Times on 11 Posts



I got some goodies for tonight....and maybe for tomorrow night as well



1/2 Gallon Growler from local microbrew. Support your local Micro Brew!



I went to Lee's Discount Liquor today, but to a different location. They were so much bigger, and had a much better beer selection. I've been looking to try the Stone Anniversary Ale. If I like it, I may go back tomorrow for more.
__________________



 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
Evan!
 
Evan!'s Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 11,863
Liked 87 Times on 72 Posts


If you like hoppy IPA's, you'll prolly like the XI.
__________________
MOSS HOLLOW BREWING CO.
Aristocratic Ales, Lascivious Lagers


.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:17 PM   #3
Iordz
Recipes 
 
Aug 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 955
Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts


I'm a big fan of Stone and Ommegang, looks good!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:42 PM   #4
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Orfy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2005
Cheshire, England
Posts: 11,732
Liked 94 Times on 62 Posts


Nice to see the hen's tooth.

Hen's Tooth
There's only one description for Hen's Tooth – the nearest thing to real ale in a bottle.
Its balanced blend of strong, rich flavours (6.5% abv) leads to a satisfyingly smooth, clean finish. The active yeast in the bottle continues to condition and mature the ale through its life, producing not only the wonderful flavours but also a smooth, foamy head.

Hope it ain't skunkered.

Young's Oatmeal,,,,,, is that brewed in the UK? I've not seen it before.
I wonder if it's export only.
__________________
GET THE GOBLIN
Have a beer on me.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #5
Beerrific
 
Beerrific's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2007
Georgia
Posts: 5,562
Liked 54 Times on 46 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by orfy
Nice to see the hen's tooth.

Hen's Tooth
There's only one description for Hen's Tooth – the nearest thing to real ale in a bottle.
Its balanced blend of strong, rich flavours (6.5% abv) leads to a satisfyingly smooth, clean finish. The active yeast in the bottle continues to condition and mature the ale through its life, producing not only the wonderful flavours but also a smooth, foamy head.

Hope it ain't skunkered.
I can bring myself to buy beer in clear bottles any more. It sucks that so many English ales are in clear glass. I guess I will have to make own (or something similar).

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:48 PM   #6
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Orfy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2005
Cheshire, England
Posts: 11,732
Liked 94 Times on 62 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerrific
I can bring myself to buy beer in clear bottles any more. It sucks that so many English ales are in clear glass. I guess I will have to make own (or something similar).
We don't get that much sun over here and there is a fast turn around of the beer it comes in and goes out straight away. No time for skunkering.
__________________
GET THE GOBLIN
Have a beer on me.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:01 AM   #7
talleymonster
 
talleymonster's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2005
Posts: 2,142
Liked 21 Times on 11 Posts


UPDATE...



EMPTY growler. And 5 gallons of Apfelwein waiting to be bottled this weekend. Also, I'm propagating Pacman yeast from a Rogue Santa's Private Reserve Ale in the Powerade bottle. It's slow taking off, but I am seeing signs of activity.


BTW, another update. My daughter. She is 17 weeks old as of yesterday.

__________________


 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:42 AM   #8
DeadYetiBrew
Recipes 
 
Jan 2007
Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,046
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by orfy
Young's Oatmeal,,,,,, is that brewed in the UK? I've not seen it before.
I wonder if it's export only.

Quite possible... they don't list it on their site, they also didn't list their double chocolate... I had their Oatmeal a couple days back, not bad but could be better... As for their double chocolate....

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:46 AM   #9
talleymonster
 
talleymonster's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2005
Posts: 2,142
Liked 21 Times on 11 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadYetiBrew
Quite possible... they don't list it on their site, they also didn't list their double chocolate... I had their Oatmeal a couple days back, not bad but could be better... As for their double chocolate....
Yeah, I'ver had their Double Choco numerous times, thats why I went with the Oatmeal. It's good, but I agree, it could be better.
__________________


 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:52 AM   #10
Iordz
Recipes 
 
Aug 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 955
Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts


Personally, I am not a big fan of the chocolate stout. Something about chocolate in beer, I just can't seem to get into it, plus I find it a little sweet.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Huge liquor store in Denver? foppa78 North Central Homebrew Forum 1 01-31-2009 05:12 AM
Went to the liquor store today..... talleymonster Commercial Brew Discussion 10 10-04-2008 10:08 PM
Next Question LHBS/Liquor store wolf08gang General Beer Discussion 2 09-07-2008 02:18 PM
Dropped $54 at the liquor store... Chriso Commercial Brew Discussion 0 02-03-2008 08:13 PM


Forum Jump