Citra Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinese

Reaction score
I just popped the top to a citra ale . . . Boy is it good! Why don't I see more commercial use of citra hops?

I just had a few that I used Mosaic hops for a dry hop addition. It is AWESOME!! Went back to the LHBS and bought another kit!
:rockin::rockin:

I just popped the top to a citra ale . . . Boy is it good! Why don't I see more commercial use of citra hops?

got some henry weinharts IPA yesterday and it has some citra in it and it was tasty :rockin:

I loved the Summer Ale that my LHBS put together for me with Citra. YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!

They are great. Hard to get for commercial breweries. The beers that do use it are hard to find as well. Zombie dust is rumored all citra, sells out like crazy.

:drunk:, Maybe my pallette is destroyed. I can't detect bitterness in any of the Weinhart stuff. Especially the IPA. LOL.

Agreed. I have never gotten any hop bitterness/flavor/aroma out of that beer. Miles away from the IPA style.

Citra is used in quite a few commerical beers. Stone uses them quite a bit as does Three Floyds.

Lots of breweries use citra. It's a nice hop, but it is proprietary so there is only a single source (I believe - though others may be licensed to grow it). So it has a huge demand and low supply, not a good ingredient for a business to rely on for the time being.

Back