Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Who likes smuttynose?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 277 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 160

I like Smuttynose a lot. The robust porter is one of my favorites, and their rotating Big Beers are consistently excellent. The brewery and sister brewpub (Portsmouth Brewery) are both fun places to visit.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #12
Liked 164 Times on 139 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Big fan of Smuttynose myself. And yeah, they have Olive, the old chocolate lab, on the labels for Old Brown Dog the brown ale and Really Old Brown Dog the old ale (part of their rotating "big bottle" series). Love the heck out of both of those. If I'm not mistaken, they're moving to a new facility this summer. Their old one is cool to visit, if only to see how to cram a large regional brewery into a medium sized building. The new one promises to be really cool.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #13
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I've been there several times and am a big fan. In particular, their Robust Porter and Old Dog Brown Ale are at the top of my list of great beers. Wonder if they're hiring... I've been looking for a great excuse to move to New England and would love to work in the craft beer industry.
Cheers, Bob

Four Dogs and a Cat
Old 11-30-2014, 03:03 PM   #14
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I LOVE Smuttynose :-) Old Brown Dog, Finestkind IPA (ayuh) and Robust Porter are the top three choices when I go to buy beer (mostly when I don't have any of my own at the ready). I've been to the new brewery over on Towle Farm Road, and it's FANTASTIC. The whole place is LEED Silver certified, tour groups walk on the brewery floor (unlike Redhook where you're crowded into a visitors gallery), the tours are FREE (or they were over the summer). They also plan to open a pub/restaurant on site, in addition to a function hall, bike trails, and disc golf. Sounds like a great place to hang out and a great place to work :-)
Make mine a Smutty