Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > STRESSING about moving all of my sours this weekend.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
ICWiener
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 108 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Default STRESSING about moving all of my sours this weekend.

I bottled everything I possibly could...but the time has come. I'm moving this weekend and I have 5 sours to relocate. Holy jeez I am not happy about it. I'm sh!t scared of losing them to oxidation.

Anyways, Just thought I'd rant about it for a second. I bought a can of wine preserver to purge headspace and I already have the carboys sealed up with a silicon bung, so hopefully the rest will work itself out. Still, I'm not looking forward to it.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
lowtones84
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 128 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 277

It sounds like you've taken all the steps you can so far. And although it's not the best situation, some bugs munch on oxygen pretty well. I bet as long as you're careful and let them sit for a good long while once they're happy in their new home you'll be just fine.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
ICWiener
Recipes 

Liked 108 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Yeah, that's my plan. I'm also moving them one at a time, carrying them on my lap in the car. Hopefully I can ease the transition....it's not too bad, just a 30 min car ride, mostly freeway.

So far oxygen exposure on all of these beers has been kept to a minimum. The pellicles I'm looking at are all very wispy, powdery. I know that's not proof positive, but at least they're not big thick funky layers.