Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Brewery names--what's your story?

Old 11-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #521
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Morningwood Brewing Co. It just came to me one morning.
ROFL. I'll be buying a new keyboard. That was a great spit-take.

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 11-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #522
Deacon240
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Morningwood Brewing Co. It just came to me one morning.
Priceless.

I think out of all my ideas Two Raven Brewing is taking a rather fond place in my beer filled heart.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:21 PM   #523
dasBuhbuh
Recipes 

How does "Vetus Basilica Brewing" strike y'all? (latin for Old Cathedral, btw)

We currently reside in a what was previously used as home for older nuns (not retired) who worked in the church next door. Its pretty much a castle (and quite fortified in case anyone near philly needs sanctuary from the impending zombpocalypse )

Old 11-25-2008, 09:25 PM   #524
sampson420
Recipes 

I wonder if comedy central copywrited Samuel Jackson.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:09 PM   #525
MoRoToRiUm
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampson420 View Post
I wonder if comedy central copywrited Samuel Jackson.
Wait, wasn't there something in there about getting the taste of "grass" and "lady of the nights' saliva" out of his mouth in there?

Broken Face Brewery- Actually it was nine stitches to the cranium, and three plates in the face. Boils down to I was helping a friend move, a group of pre-teens stole the next door neighbors two year old kids ball (favorite and he was bawling), we get it back. Then, as we are watching them to make sure they weren't messing with the other neighbors stuff, caddy cornered to us, one throws a cement edger from the near corner (causing the gash and THE BLOOD worth 9 stitches in the ER), followed by the 'slightly overweight' one rushing and clocking me in the cheek. Walked back to the house as they ran off, friends wife and our friends freaking on the phone with 911, decide to make me lay down. I think the ambulance woke my up, but friend was slapping me in the face too.... After spending all night to the wee hours of the morning in the ER (ambulance ride was interesting, had the EMTs cracking up), told my dad what happened the next day. Grandparents lived about block away for 50 years, and he grew up there- "You did the right thing. Sorry this had to happen to you. MAN that neighborhood has really gone to $hit".

Moral of the story (story of my live), nice guys finish last. Cheek hurts even more then usual after 2+ years with the weather changing (and yes Social Distortion and Green Day reference there). Man that's a long post!

Old 12-01-2008, 04:37 AM   #526
injendsm
Recipes 

I'm torn between the "Barking Spider Brewery" & the "Angry Pirate Brewery;" and I haven't even started brewing yet, lol.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:39 AM   #527
chriswilkes33
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Six String Brewing, because guitar playing is my other...other hobby

Old 12-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #528
ApocalypseBrewer
Recipes 

My Friends and I have Apocalypse Brewery.

We have long joked and had conversations that went drunkenly late into the evening about the need to fortify my 35 acres for the impending Apocalypse. We tend to want to believe it'll be a Zombie Apocalypse but to each his own. The conversation would be all about trying to preserve our lifestyles and enjoyments while living err.. sustaining together on my 35 acres.
Separately, my wife and I have long talked about our desires to become more self sufficient and try to live, as they say, "off the grid". We are planning to include solar energy and geothermal heating and cooling when building our house next fall. We also plan to have some goats and chickens by next spring and are looking forward to (as a hobby) supplying (supplementing)ourselves with our own dairy, eggs and meat.
Okay, well you take the conversations about the Apocalypse, add the idea of being self sustaining, our joy of beer (and making it) and throw out the talks of zombies (except for at Halloween) and you come up with our idea for a microbrewery. Apocalypse Brewery. Our idea is to make full bodied organic ales that contain only ingredients that are grow-able or indigenous to Northern Illinois. With the idea that in the Apocalypse you're going to need beer and you'll only have the resources of what's around you. We plan to push the environmentally friendly aspect of our beer making and it being organic while using the whole "reason" or gimmick for doing so to kind of knock-off or separate ourselves from the overall yuppie, snobbish view that most people have about "organic" things. We think that targeting the survival/Apocalyptic aspect of our idea kind of helps to butch-up the idea of organic foods and beverages.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:54 AM   #529
histo320
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Haw Creek Brewery....named after the street i live on.

boring I know

Drinking - Craft Brews
Primary - Sweetwater 420 Clone
Up Next - Cream of Three Crops

Old 12-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #530
brewyourown4life
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I call mine " Dead Mole Brewery" because i spend all summer getting rid of the moles in the yard and it cuts into my brewing time