Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Brewery names--what's your story?

Old 12-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #1801
speedyG
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyHatchet
Mine came from a former co-worker who passed away. After work we would go to his place and have a few drinks and unwind. This usually involved disgusting, (yes disgusting) our displeasure with politicians, criminals etc. So out of several rounds of this, his wife gets out a sign she had made for his bar "The Mad Cop Bar". After he passed away in 2001. His wife gave me his sign, which in 2004 I built a 10-12 seat bar in my home, I had to name it "The Mad Cop Bar" promptly displayed the sign as a memory to a good friend and co-worker. I consider the sign as a license to use the name. I have been doing extracts, but I am about to start all grain, and working up recipes I can call my own with names like , hot pursuit, felonious assault, disorderly conduct, aggravated assault, 11 months & 29 days, and the ultimate for a barley wine, "Homicide". I might even use some infamous name like Capone, Jesse James, Son of Sam, the night stalker, or Andy& Barney's summer ale, etc,etc. it's a never ending list of great names for beers.

Cheers!
Don't forget 10-10 for high ABV, code 4, 10-7.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #1802
Araknaphob1c
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I don't think Happy Devil Brewing is taken yet. My buddy who wants to brew with me thought of it. His last name is Deville, mine is Happ.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #1803
45_70sharps
Recipes 

Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 136

If I ever make labels or make something for the front of the keezer, I figured on Willapa brewing.
I live on the South Fork of the Willapa river, I'm in the Willapa hills, I grew up on Willapa bay and it forms a large portion of our county.

Not sure if an oyster, sturgeon, salmon, boat, waterfowl or logging inspired image would go with it.

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Old 12-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #1804
lactardjosh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

We decided on Beauxmont's Brewery though we're still working on a logo.

Beauxmont was the nickname my wife and I used for my son while he was in utero.

I also barrel-aged whisky from New Year's Eve until the week he was born in May and called it Beauxmont's Batch. Surprisingly good.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #1805
bierandbikes
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have named my brewery the Brew Pedaler Aleworks. I have never stayed in one location long enough to call home so the brewery name has to be mobile until I settle down. My life has always involved bicycles, hence the pedaler part. Once friends started asking for beers, I made it a point of always delivering them on my bike.

I am working on a logo. I also try to name my beers with a cycling theme, for instance Bunny Hop IPA and Summer Ride Weisen.

Paul

Old 12-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #1806
russrob81
Recipes 

Liked 140 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 7

My buddy and I have Boston terriers. They're nicknamed American gentleman. We're American and family men.

American gentleman brewery

Old 12-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #1807
robm184
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have been in the military (Army) just over 10 years and I am a faithful artillerymen! But I have only been with an Artillery battalion about 3 years of my career since the reorganization of the Army we 13F (Fister) are attached to infantry or Cavalry units. When I finally started brewing it just stuck with me the history of Artillery with the Red stripe greaves a everything
So I came up with Red Leg Brewing Co. In association with Veteran brewing group: a few of us who have invested in each other helping each other build our rigs and piece together our equipment.

Primary: Nothing at the moment

Bottled:
Honey-Barley
Spiced Belgian
ChocoVanilla Swirl Porter
Sweet Stout
Wheat IPA

Future: In Afghanistan

Old 12-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #1808
BrokenArmBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I had heard about brewing need at home and was very interested. I talked to my wife about it. She wasn't on board. Weeks of talking and begging, and "breaking her arm" over it became Broken Arm Brewery

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Br...06422039446902

Old 12-21-2012, 02:58 AM   #1809
Channel66
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1050 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Channel 66 started back when I was in college I didn't have much money and the only apartment I could afford was in a crappy neighborhood, constantly shady things going on out the window. We were on the corner on the 3rd floor and had a ton of Windows so we could sit in our living room and look down all 4 directions. We couldn't afford cable so watching the neighborhood goings ons became a hobby. We called it channel 66 (66 being our house number). One day we saw a poodle jump out of a 4th story window hit the ground and proceed to chase after a cat. All of my neck labels feature said poodle jumping out of, off of, or into something.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:26 AM   #1810
Channel66
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1050 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel66 View Post
Channel 66 started back when I was in college I didn't have much money and the only apartment I could afford was in a crappy neighborhood, constantly shady things going on out the window. We were on the corner on the 3rd floor and had a ton of Windows so we could sit in our living room and look down all 4 directions. We couldn't afford cable so watching the neighborhood goings ons became a hobby. We called it channel 66 (66 being our house number). One day we saw a poodle jump out of a 4th story window hit the ground and proceed to chase after a cat. All of my neck labels feature said poodle jumping out of, off of, or into something.

Click image for larger version

Name:	neck label.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	89542

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121220_222554.png
Views:	392
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	89541

Some examples.