$100 Free Gift Card on ANY Spike Brewing Kettle. Details Inside...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
***Drawing is officially closed***

Thanks to all the participated!! The winner was MaxTurbo88! We appreciate the support from everyone and we'll be doing some sort of social media raffle again!

Here's a vid of the drawing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GTupAZb6sU

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys and gals, it's Ben, owner of Spike. Social media and marketing are not my areas of expertise. I usually leave that up to our marketing guys HOWEVER I noticed our Facebook group and Twitter are lacking in followers! We recently launched them but I'm inpatient and want to see a bunch new followers!

We'll be raffling off a $100 gift card for anyone that adds us on Facebook and Twitter. Each add will count as an entry and adding on both will count as 2 entries. Take a look before you add us and you'll see we won't spam your feed. We update with relevant posts like our new "SS vs AL" blog post or progress on new products like our false bottom we're working on.

We'll keep the offer going until midnight on 3-27-13 (one week from today). All names will be put into a hat and I'll pick a winner. Hell I'll even video tape the drawing! :mug:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/SpikeBrewing
Twitter: www.twitter.com/SpikeBrewing

Liked and followed.

Also telling my F&F to like and follow. When I make the AG switch unless I did a keggle I was looking at your guys kettles anyway as a more cost effective alternative to Blichmann

Liked! I don't use Twitter, so that's as much as I can do at the moment. Looking forward to receiving my new kettle next Tues! Thanks again, Ben.

SpikeBrewing said:
Hey guys and gals, it's Ben, owner of Spike. Social media and marketing are not my areas of expertise. I usually leave that up to our marketing guys HOWEVER I noticed our Facebook group and Twitter are lacking in followers! We recently launched them but I'm inpatient and want to see a bunch new followers!

We'll be raffling off a $100 gift card for anyone that adds us on Facebook and Twitter. Each add will count as an entry and adding on both will count as 2 entries. Take a look before you add us and you'll see we won't spam your feed. We update with relevant posts like our new "SS vs AL" blog post or progress on new products like our false bottom we're working on.

We'll keep the offer going until midnight on 3-27-13 (one week from today). All names will be put into a hat and I'll pick a winner. Hell I'll even video tape the drawing! :mug:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/SpikeBrewing
Twitter: www.twitter.com/SpikeBrewing

Linked and followed

I followed you on twitter, but I got a bit of a gripe about your Aluminum vs Stainless blog post. Why do you list Cons of "possible off flavors and/or health risks"? I get the possible off flavors, but to throw in the the and/or health risks with off flavors seems disingenuous. By doing that you make them seem coorelated when they're definitely not.

I appreciate that you linked the quote from the Alzheimer’s Society, but you mention it in the Cons, and again present it in a spooky light to make the reader think 'even though its a myth, its not really'. (Exact quote: "Although nothing has been proven and science points to this being a myth it is something to consider due to the number of articles pointing to the validity of the connection.")

I understand you're trying to sell people on stainless, but that post seemed more a slam on aluminum then the merits of stainless. Why not talk about why breweries use it? Talk about how the USDA dictates that:
Aluminum may be used for liquid or high moisture content product contact surfaces only when a specific functional requirement exists and the parts are not subjected to strong caustic cleaning solutions or to the corrosive action of dissimilar metals.

The bold is mine. You can have that one ;-) Sorry if this hijacks your thread, I just hate when people write hazy information to sell a product.

I followed you on twitter, but I got a bit of a gripe about your Aluminum vs Stainless blog post. Why do you list Cons of "possible off flavors and/or health risks"? I get the possible off flavors, but to throw in the the and/or health risks with off flavors seems disingenuous. By doing that you make them seem coorelated when they're definitely not.

I appreciate that you linked the quote from the Alzheimer’s Society, but you mention it in the Cons, and again present it in a spooky light to make the reader think 'even though its a myth, its not really'. (Exact quote: "Although nothing has been proven and science points to this being a myth it is something to consider due to the number of articles pointing to the validity of the connection.")

I understand you're trying to sell people on stainless, but that post seemed more a slam on aluminum then the merits of stainless. Why not talk about why breweries use it? Talk about how the USDA dictates that:

The bold is mine. You can have that one ;-) Sorry if this hijacks your thread, I just hate when people write hazy information to sell a product.

I'm the one the personally wrote this and I guess I'll have to disagree. I wasn't trying to 'sell' anyone on SS. It really sells itself. We used to carry Al kettles back in the day but stopped because SS is superior in every way. If you take cost completely out of the picture you would never buy an Al kettle.

As for the health risks trying to scare people I don't see it like that. In an article of this subject the link to Alzheimer’s has to be brought up due to the shear magnitude of articles out there. I'm no doctor, scientist or chemist but there are plenty of articles out there that show data pointing towards both sides. I was simply trying to show it may be an issue, it may not be, but at least be aware of it and I supplied an article that goes further into detail. Personally I do not trust the cheap Chinese aluminum kettles and I personally do not use them.

Latest posts

Back