Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Stir Plate Cell Phone Charger/Power Adapter

Old 03-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
fknizner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default Stir Plate Cell Phone Charger/Power Adapter

I'm looking to make a second stir plate and I need a cell phone charger or some power adapter with a 9-12V output. Unfortunately all of my chargers are ~5V, which won't cut it, so i'm going to have to buy one online. I found this website: http://www.cellphoneshop.net/celphontravc.html which has a ton of chargers organized by manufacturer. Instead of looking through each charger's specs, trying to find one that is greater than or equal to 9V, I was wondering if anyone knew off-hand of a specific cell phone charger that was 9V-12V which would be good for a stir plate.

Thanks!

jmhbutler Likes This 
Old 03-20-2013, 12:51 AM   #2
ShinyBuddha
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I headed down to Radio Shack and purchased a universal portable power adapter which allows you to change the voltage. Don't know if you have a store near you but it may be worth a shot.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:25 AM   #3
raysmithtx
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I bought mine on amazon. Switchable voltage. I think it was about 8 bucks.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
prandlesc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fknizner View Post
I'm looking to make a second stir plate and I need a cell phone charger or some power adapter with a 9-12V output. Unfortunately all of my chargers are ~5V, which won't cut it, so i'm going to have to buy one online. I found this website: http://www.cellphoneshop.net/celphontravc.html which has a ton of chargers organized by manufacturer. Instead of looking through each charger's specs, trying to find one that is greater than or equal to 9V, I was wondering if anyone knew off-hand of a specific cell phone charger that was 9V-12V which would be good for a stir plate.

Thanks!
I use one that came with an old garmin gps.
In The Barrel: [I] Russian Imperial Stout[/B]
Next Brews: Maple Pecan Nut Brown Ale