Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > St Arnolds Devine reserve

Old 03-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
Frige
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default St Arnolds Devine reserve

There was a sign up sheet at my local Heb store so what the heck I signed my name and they called today. I picked up 2 six packs of this http://www.saintarnold.com/beers/divine_13.html

I have not tasted it yet going to sit back and sip it. Anyone else get any?

QCB1 Likes This 
Old 03-19-2013, 12:35 AM   #2
QCB1
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

What did you think? my girl nabbed a six and 2 bombers from central market. Im going to try it as soon as I get home.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #3
jestmaty
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Not to sound like a party poo-poo head, but I got into the hype last year for DR12. Bought a couple of six packs and 2 bombers... for something like $50.

Wasn't that good, swore I'd never do it again. So, today, I went to spec's and bought a six pack of No Label Don Jalapeno Ale and life is good.

Seriously, does it get better with age? (The DR series). What I bought last Spring, the DR12, was mediocre at best.

Funny, they were selling the bombers and six packs at 2-3 times the purchase price on Craigslist the night it was released last year... shame on the hoarders.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #4
mrmcdowe
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I bought the No label Don Jalepeno also today. I could not find the Devine Reserve. I did not care for the Jalepeno though.... A guy from our homebrew club brought some really old DR to a meeting last year. It was GREAT!!!

Old 03-19-2013, 01:42 AM   #5
goo-gone
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I picked some up today. I also tried some on Saturday. It was good, but I wouldn't stab anyone over a bottle.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
Frige
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 48 Posts

I split a bottle between 2 people last night and while it is good I have had better. I will say one thing it is a potent little critter. Dont drink a few before mowing the grass or you will wake up laying in the ditch. Funny thing is it taste almost identical to a beer I made a year ago. It was a double bock that I added 2 lbs of honey to. My friends called it sleepytime. Good beer to pass out to.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
Zamial
Recipes 

Liked 170 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestmaty View Post
Funny, they were selling the bombers and six packs at 2-3 times the purchase price on Craigslist the night it was released last year... shame on the hoarders.
I discovered that this is a trick distributors do to get premium money for rare beers.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
danielbt
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestmaty View Post
Seriously, does it get better with age? (The DR series). What I bought last Spring, the DR12, was mediocre at best.
Every release is a different beer of a different style. Some will be better with age, like DR 12, which is an Old Ale.

This realease (DR 13) is a Quad. It's good, but not great. It might develop more depth with age.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
tx-brewer
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I got a bomber reserved at the heb I work at, and was told if there are no shows on the reservation list I may be able to get more. I'm nit always crazy about the ones I have tried, but I like the hype and like shoving it in friends faces who missed out, haha

Old 03-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #10
zmanzorro
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 128 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Anyone know if there is any left in Dallas? I was slow on the notice and checked a few places last night and didn't find any.

Bottle: Grapefruit Pale Ale,Canadian Dallas Dark Coffee Ale