HBT 2015 Big Giveaway - This is it - Final Weekend to Enter!

Huge Supporting Membership Discounts - 20% Off - Final Weekend!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Dark Lord Day 2013

Old 03-18-2013, 02:30 AM   #1
mtnagel
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 200 Times on 161 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default Dark Lord Day 2013

Who got their tickets? I actually got a couple and this is my first year trying. I'm about a 4 hour drive away in Cincinnati. Planning on getting a hotel as I'm in the last group, so with the drinking and time change, that would make for a long drive home. Anyone else going?

Old 03-18-2013, 03:44 AM   #2
Malric
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I live 5 minutes from FFF and didn't even bother trying. I've given up on them. They make some great beer, but its just not worth the cost or hassle. However, I would recommend checking out one trick pony. Tiny place in Lansing, IL with very good beer and great people. It reminds me a lot of what FFF used to be.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:11 AM   #3
mtnagel
Recipes 

As I said, it's my first year, so it was kind of an impulse buy. I had heard of it, but didn't know much until after I bought my tickets. Not really regretting buying them as I'm looking forward to the experience, but I just told my gf it might be our one and only Dark Lord Day. I'm usually not one that buys into all the hype for beer (e.g. had some CBS a couple years ago; it was excellent and I'd drink it often if I could get it often, but worth all the hype? Not really). Guess I got caught up in it anyway. Of well. I'll reserve judgement until I actually go.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I love going to Dark Lord Day (love the beer too) the atmosphere is really fun, I enjoy the bottle sharing. I got group E tickets (wanted earlier ones). I'll be coming down from Chicago. Not sure yet but I may be looking for a place to crash that night, not sure I want to try to drive home (read: stay sober enough) after being at 3Floyds so late.

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Old 03-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Seems like a cool event. I just checked out the webpage...where is the link to buy tickets? All the links just take me back to the homepage.

http://darklordday.tickets.musictoda.../calendar.aspx

Old 03-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
JonGrafto
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Seems like a cool event. I just checked out the webpage...where is the link to buy tickets? All the links just take me back to the homepage.

http://darklordday.tickets.musictoda.../calendar.aspx
HA ha... Tickets sold out in about 2 minutes yesterday.

I tried and my brewing buddy tried and neither of us got tickets and we were on right at 12:00pm (when the ticket sales opened)

Better luck next year for me, I guess.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #7
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonGrafto View Post
HA ha... Tickets sold out in about 2 minutes yesterday.

I tried and my brewing buddy tried and neither of us got tickets and we were on right at 12:00pm (when the ticket sales opened)

Better luck next year for me, I guess.
2 minutes? Forget that. I'd have a better chance at Bieber tix. Pass.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #8
CTownBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Same here. I was also on right at 12:00 & came away with nothing. Sucks...never had Dark Lord, so it would be nice to get to go at least once.

The good news is that we're going on a beer trip Easter weekend & hitting Bells, FFF, Revolution, & Goose Island.
Secondary 1
: Port BA American Sour w/Raspberries
Secondary 2: Baltic Porter
Now On Tap: New Zealand IPA, Belgian Dark Strong w/Anise & Cinnamon, Imperial Red Ale
Upcoming Brews: Port BA American Sour w/Cherries, Doppelbock, Belgian Golden Strong, Peanut Butter Imperial Porter

Old 03-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
ThreeRatBastards
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts

I got tickets again this year. It'll be my third trip, and I have a blast every time I go.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #10
mtnagel
Recipes 

No idea how feasible this is, but should we try to meet up? I know you guys will have some good homebrew

So the more I think about it, the more I think I won't be there till around noon or 1. Will it be impossible to find parking? Should I try to get there earlier? Even with the 1 hour time change, it's still a 4+ hour drive and then we have to check in to the hotel. So I doubt I can get the misses to be ready to leave before 8 or 9 at the earliest.

Also, is there any realistic option for a cab? I'd hate to get one there, but then not be able to get one back, and my hotel is a 6-7 mile drive. I think I'd rather drive my car there and then leave it overnight if I can get a cab and get a cab from the hotel in the morning.