Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Why do you homebrew?

Old 03-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #31
EdMerican
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Why I homebrew is simple. I am a maker by nature. I am a machinist by trade and I enjoy designing and creating something out of nothing precisely and deliberately. I also love to cook for people. Homebrewing combines them both. I get a real sense of pride and accomplishment when friends and family tell me they like a beer I brewed and designed better than something they can buy at the store. I brew because I love the fact that I like a lot of my beers as much or more than anything I can buy. I really like being an integral part of the brewing process. It all starts and ends with me and I know EVERYTHING about all the beers I brew. It also doesn't hurt that I can brew craft brewery quality beer for less than 25% of the price.

"Hell, If it don't turn out good we'll just distill it and get drunk!" - My dad...

Old 03-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #32
Nightshade
Recipes 

Liked 193 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 210

I love the process as much and sometimes even more than the final product itself.

I love designing, brewing and then tasting which ultimatley tells me if my design process is solid or I just get lucky once in a while. The numbers are turning towards solid design more and more with each new brew.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #33
damianow
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for everyone's responses so far! I'll be analyzing your text-based data that you fill out in this forum along with your responses to the survey and then post back the results!