Partial Extract Choc stout recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suddsy83

Reaction score
Hey all,
Totally newb to the world of brewing, made one Cerveza extract, and didn't go too bad, want to broaden the pallet so to speak and brew a beer I love, a stout. I have found several different extract kits for a nice stout but want to add my own twist, Choc malt, biscuit malt etc... Also want to try adding dry orange peel at the flavoring stage.. Any help would be very appreciated as I don't even know the technique to do this yet.. Help!!

I picked up the imperial stout kit from northern brewer. http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/imperial-stout-extract-kit.html

I will be splitting this into 2 batches. Both will have additions of vanilla, coffee and chocolate/cocoa. The differences will be

1)Blueberry/Raspberry (havent decided which yet)
2)orange peel and coriander (coriander imparts an orange flavor)

Since I'm splitting into 2 batches, I'll be adding my flavorings into the secondary fermentation stage. I'll be cold brewing and adding coffee at bottling into the bottling bucket.

I'll be brewing this on Sunday after an exam so feel free to pop in and see how things go in the thread I started. I'll be posting the results there.

Awesome.. Any help I can get, especially on partial extract brewing will help.. Seems easy enough, but as I said, pretty new to all this and want to make sure I'm doing justice to the art.. :)

Latest posts

Back