Kentucky brewers - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East Homebrew Forum > Kentucky brewers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
derbycitybrewer
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Posts: 232
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts



I live in Louisville Kentucky and trying to find some all grain brewers and somewhat form a brewing club and what not. Anyone in this area? No need to be all grain. Just a brewer and enjoy the craft of brewing. Please contact me if interested. Cheers. We have a Facebook group called derby brew crew. Cheers



 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Posts: 30,330
Liked 4667 Times on 3144 Posts


I move the thread hoping you will get more responses here.



 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
cshort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Sep 2008
Somerset, KY
Posts: 41

There's already a club in the Louisville area. http://www.lagersclub.com/

There was another one, F.O.S.S.I.L.S., but their website is gone, so who knows about their status.

If you stop by My Old KY Homebrew or go out to what's now called Winemakers & Beermakers Supply, I'm sure they'll have information on what club(s) are currently active.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
derbycitybrewer
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Posts: 232
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by cshort
There's already a club in the Louisville area. http://www.lagersclub.com/

There was another one, F.O.S.S.I.L.S., but their website is gone, so who knows about their status.

If you stop by My Old KY Homebrew or go out to what's now called Winemakers & Beermakers Supply, I'm sure they'll have information on what club(s) are currently active.
I know of the two. But we're actually thinking about getting another one together. But I use both home brew shops and know of both of them clubs. Just looking to start the next best thing. Cheers

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
MrOrange
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Louisville, KY
Posts: 303
Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts


Another Louisville brewer somewhat interested in joining a brew club. Are you still trying to get this together?
__________________
If God wanted us to filter our beer, he wouldn't have given us livers

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:04 AM   #6
derbycitybrewer
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Posts: 232
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOrange
Another Louisville brewer somewhat interested in joining a brew club. Are you still trying to get this together?
There is about 7 of us now that are somewhat a club.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
MrOrange
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Louisville, KY
Posts: 303
Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts


Do you all have any sort of meet ups or brew days? I have been wanting someone to talk brewing with since none of my friends do it. I'm an all grain brewer that mostly tries to brew "to style" for competitions and such but every once in a while ill try something off the wall. I have a huge interest in sour/funky beers. I mostly brew on my own with some help from the wife here and there.
__________________
If God wanted us to filter our beer, he wouldn't have given us livers

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #8
derbycitybrewer
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Posts: 232
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOrange
Do you all have any sort of meet ups or brew days? I have been wanting someone to talk brewing with since none of my friends do it. I'm an all grain brewer that mostly tries to brew "to style" for competitions and such but every once in a while ill try something off the wall. I have a huge interest in sour/funky beers. I mostly brew on my own with some help from the wife here and there.
I have a Facebook page called derby city brew. Like it and let me know that this is you. Then I will friend request u and add u to our group on there.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:25 AM   #9
KarenHauck
Recipes 
 
Jun 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 68
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts


The Louisville club doesn't seem to be very active: the web site says the next meeting is in September 2013.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:16 PM   #10
Drezden
Recipes 
 
Sep 2012
Posts: 4

The LAGERS home brew club meets at the BBC Tap room, on the corner of Clay & Main, the 3rd Monday of the month. Doors open at 7pm and the meeting starts at 7:30.
You don't have to be a member to attend.
The February meeting will be held at My Old Kentucky Homebrew Shop on Baxter ave, Monday, February 17th.



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kentucky All-Grain Brewers 1234 All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 0 03-15-2011 03:59 PM
Attn. Frankfort Kentucky Brewers derekm General Beer Discussion 5 12-29-2009 10:11 PM
Kentucky, Cinci, Southern Indiana Brewers Mantis General Beer Discussion 3 08-25-2009 06:17 PM


Forum Jump